Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Deceleration

TABS

This is hilarious. GPS has now become a tool of the FED propaganda machine. Powell has recently urged Congress to do more, by providing more fiscal stimulus. Then the interviewee goes on to build a case why the Congress should do more and the FED less. GPS is missing a synapse or two as he is playing checkers while the Boyz down at the FED are playing chess. I play 3D chess if you wan call it that. There really wasn't one point in this vid that I have not commented upon at length in the past.

There are several glaring facts missing that makes the statements in this vid falsehoods. The statement that the FED does not raise interest rates in flush times as much as they lower them fails to note that in 1981 Volcker raised the 30 year bond rate to an all time high of 16%. It then took about 20 years to bring that rate down to a historic norm. Second that wealth has been siphoned off the American MC in favor of the wealthy. That fails to to acknowledge that since 1975 the American worker has faced increasing Global wage competition while they continued to spend like they were rich. This has eventually BKed the USA. For whatever reason no one thought this through nor saw this coming. They all thought the party would last forever. In 1980 I saw that the USA was gona spend itself into the ground. It is a mindset thingy folks. Finally a 2% inflation rate DEVALUES CURRENT DEBT IN REAL TERMS by that amount which makes carrying that amount of debt sustainable. Otherwise!

This vid tips the FED's hand. Recently I have been thinking that the FED should allow the the economy to DECELERATE in order to maintain an economic equilibrium. They have pushed the boundaries hard recently to say the least. They know that they are getting on shaky monetary ground, yet they also know that they can not change the perception that they will continue to push the envelope as all he11 will break loose if they do not. So they will continue with their 120B QE a month program to maintain equilibrium but will let the economy to slide which causes economic pain while appearing to be all in.. They have to follow this Deceleration Policy to maintain medium term stability. Then with Comrade Yelsin in the WH as Treasury Sec. we will see coordinated action to ramp fiscal stimulus up. In the end WELCOME TO A QUASI NATIONALIZED ZOMBIE SUBSISTENCE ECONOMY.

Last edited by tabs; 11-28-2020 at 02:27 AM..
Old 11-28-2020, 02:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Get some sleep old man. I hear counting pennies helps.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Long ago now, I realized that if you can access the right small number of people you can exert influence far beyond your own weight. I tend to think that I am thought of as being a macro economic and or geopolitical savant. What I truly represent is the collective memory of mankind as I have accessed that well of knowledge. I feel the passage of time and history as being in a river of time and space. Certainly my perceptional pov and thinking is far different than what I have encountered to date. That is not to say I am totally unique as there have been other in history that have carried the same weight. Nearly every move I make is guided by that shining light.

I was drawn to and have been reading history since the 2nd grade and have been listening to people's narratives about their life's experiences for nearly my whole life. When I was 20 I chose the path of living the life examined. I have been on that path for nearly 50 years.

Decades ago I was talking to the Co founder of the Fuller Graduate School of Psych who was in his late 60's at the time. He was mulling over some abstract transcendental ideas which I found to be a bit too abstract for me at the time. Now I find myself heading down the same path. I guess that is what you would call being out beyond the doors of perception.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

I tend to think of you as a narcissist.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
He's just Tabbybear
Old 11-28-2020, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
King Broinyo

Its breakfast buffet time somewhere in Vegas..
Old 11-28-2020, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Albert A. Bartlett
Old 11-28-2020, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Albert A. Bartlett
Old 11-28-2020, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostril Cheese View Post
He may not frequent the buffets anymore.
I somewhat remember a thread on here, where Tabs mentioned losing about 30 lbs.
His avatar might need updating.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRush993/951 View Post
Albert A. Bartlett
You have grasped the idea...Long ago I said that the continued growth of the Global Economy Of Scale has out striped the ability of the consumer to consume. It has BKed the American consumer upon which the world depends upon to continue consuming. With that the Global economy has been in a deceleration or deflationary mode since 2008.

With that the economy should deflate to achieve an equilibrium once again. However that would entail a marked decline in an amenity rich modern lifestyle. Which is at odds with the American perceptional mindset of being a "Rich Nation" as BO was want to proclaim. So we borrow to maintain that lifestyle and print to facilitate the borrowing. Right into the poor house.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Most of us here aren't trying to achieve transcendentalism, we are trying to wade through life's challenges to finally have a few moments of clarity, amongst a storm of confusion. We (me included) tend to see what is right in front of us, and try to think positively about our future.

I can't imagine having a sour outlook on life like you TABS.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
I differentiate myself from the flock of sheep. I don't think like you . I used to think of it as being a liability but now see it as being an asset.

Since I do not trust your memory or having read something I wrote I want to make sure that you understand that I have covered that ground before. If I do not toot my own horn nobody is going to do it for me. That might be considered to be an insecurity of mine.

But for all the hype I can and do deliver the money shot.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
Most of us here aren't trying to achieve transcendentalism, we are trying to wade through life's challenges to finally have a few moments of clarity, amongst a storm of confusion. We (me included) tend to see what is right in front of us, and try to think positively about our future.

I can't imagine having a sour outlook on life like you TABS.
Your "positivism" has turned into delusion. You want to call this shyte storm swell? I call it as it is I face the unrelenting reality of it. That gives you not only clarity and definition but solace as well as I have the heads up. . I know what I am up against and can adjust the best I can. It steady's my hand..

You have to face and come to grips with the darkness especially within. You have to own it and then you can make choices and transcend it. Otherwise you are held prisoner to the vicissitudes of the times.

I don't see things as being positive or negative, that is a value judgement. I just see things as how they are.. you might say as an equation.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Life is too short to constantly dwell on the negative, and preach doom/gloom !

I'm not looking at the world through rose colored glasses, I just choose to dwell on the small victories of daily life, not the overwhelming potential hassles of tomorrow.

I was a boy scout, so being prepared is part of my life, and I live on a partially off grid 10 acre farm, I can protect my own, and will defend my way of life to the end.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Used User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostril Cheese View Post
Not even close (d).
Old 11-28-2020, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

A yoga teacher once advised that when the world seem to be coming apart at the seams and you feel a desire to fix it,.....start by straightening your sock drawer. Look away, look inward. Focus on something simple that is in your wheelhouse and which matters in your personal life. This can improve your sanity and sense of comfort and control. Tabs.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Banned

Garage
does tabs wear socks?
Old 11-28-2020, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
A yoga teacher once advised that when the world seem to be coming apart at the seams and you feel a desire to fix it,.....start by straightening your sock drawer. Look away, look inward. Focus on something simple that is in your wheelhouse and which matters in your personal life. This can improve your sanity and sense of comfort and control. Tabs.
Jordan Peterson has the same idea: Something to the effect of "Clean your room before you embark on saving the world".

And better yet, clean your room while listening to some good music, and certainly not the "news".

I've grown very tired of the propaganda box...
Old 11-28-2020, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainz01 View Post
Jordan Peterson has the same idea: Something to the effect of "Clean your room before you embark on saving the world".

And better yet, clean your room while listening to some good music, and certainly not the "news".

I've grown very tired of the propaganda box...
I am a cheerleader for no one.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post

You do not know or understand that you just put your foot in your mouth after you stepped in it.

I have continually looked inward to the point that I have rebuilt the cabinet that the socks reside in. In 07 I figured that I was prepared enough to turn outwards and start to fk with the world.

Old 11-28-2020, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: