|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
|
Collant expansion tank on 4s Triptronic
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to change myself the expansion tank but... After looking a lot of video it's impossible to get out... I managed to remove it completely from its housing and gained a little space by removing the nut from I think the injection in front. Any tips ? it's as if the engine doesn't go down a few centimeters enough... |
||
|
|
|
|
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 71
|
Are you completely removing the carrier engine mount bolt nuts? Are you lowering the engine such that the engine mount bolt "disappears" into the carrier? If not, while you are lowering the engine, observe where there might be any binding and temporarily address that. You should be able to safely lower the engine at least 4cm (and then be able to complete the coolant reservoir replacement). Be careful when lowering the engine so as to not break/overly-stretch anything. FWIW, I was able to lower the engine enough to complete the job on a 2005 C2S 997.1 6MT.
Last edited by OldSharp997; 10-25-2024 at 03:23 AM.. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
|
Hi,
I managed to lower the engine to the end of the screws. no more. Until the end of the screw is in the support in the photo. 40cm seems quite complicated to me with an automatic gearbox. ![]()
|
||
|
|
|
|
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 71
|
Understood. Perhaps an owner with an automatic and coolant reservoir R&R experience will chime in.
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
|
I hope
|
||
|
|
|
|
Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 1,444
|
I did a little digging and it seems we have a tech article available which may be of help.
which focuses on the partial engine drop needed to replace the coolant tank: https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Porsche_997/Partial_Engine_Drop/Partial_Engine_Drop.htm it mentions in figure 4: Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
|
With this I confirm I have the good technique to lower the engine properly.
Not enough about 2cm to be good :/ But after that the screws go out of the support and after... i think i will be hard to replace in the hole. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
|
It's done
![]() Finally it's easy but we need to ; Unplug the most of the cable as possible, coolant, fuel and push to the right. Unscrew the fuel folden cap in the front. Low the engine to the maximum. After that you can push the tank to the right and push it to the bottom. You have access to the black support on the top. Unsrcew it and keep it away. Now the tank come easily. Put the new one. On right to bottom. Put back the black support. etc... Thank for your help guys
|
||
|
|
|