Thread: Intro - New 930
View Single Post

Wow, nice story and it's cool to see where the 7006 is going
The car looks in pretty good shape for being left sitting outdoors as long as it has.
USPS tracking says you should get your turbo monday.

When you install it be sure to squirt some motor oil into the oil feed hole in the bearing housing before bolting the oil feed line on with a new gasket. You may know it already but don't use any gasket sealer on that gasket. You don't want to chance any gasket sealer getting into the journal bearings in the turbo.

Then remove the fuel pump relays and spin the motor on the starter motor for about 20 - 30 seconds after you see oil pressure build on the gauge to get fresh motor oil pumped all through the bearing housing before you start it the first time.
That may run the battery down some so if it starts cranking slowly have a battery charger ready.
Then put the fuel pump relays back in and start it.

When I was reading that your car starts smoking after running 15 minutes I was wondering what the oil level is when the motor and oil temperature gets up to operating temperature. The oil seems to expand as it gets hot and it reads higher on the dipstick and oil level gauge after the motor is fully warmed up.

I saved and rotated your pictures so they're easier to look at.
Looks like a good project car, good luck with it!

Last edited by JFairman; 07-06-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Old 07-05-2014, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)