Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Stranger on the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
What the hell?

where's everyone?
Well, I've been in the garage working on putting the A/C back in...

Old 07-19-2019, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Registered

I am in the pacific islands escaping winter and getting ready to chase big fish. Not many 930 posts from me for near future. But I have just received some Euro fuel lines, and have a 7006 turbo on the way. So not dead and buried yet.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 07-19-2019, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Registered

Some of the old crew are still around. Personally I got tired of the bit...... of prices blah , blah, blah etc. Had some life changes and kind of fell off the map for awhile and lost interest. I've been lurking here and there but the car has just been sitting lately. With the new life I changed my user name so I seem like a newbie but some will figure out who I am probably after the pic I posted in the "Why a 930 thread". I'm here to help if I can and will begin posting more frequently unless someone pi.... me off again lol. The goal is to get my garbage back on the road soon and my flame on!
Old 07-20-2019, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Registered

As a relative newcomer to the forums (3 years), I've definitely consumed more info than I've been able to contribute in return. But this forum helped me find my first 930 a few years ago and it's been great. Definitely not a garage queen as it's been driven daily and subjected to several upgrades with the help of several people, Chris at TK included.

One of the best pieces of advice I heard on the forum as I was evaluating a few different Turbos was to understand myself and what I get the most enjoyment out of: driving the car or tinkering with the car. After some reflection, I came to the conclusion that I like the IDEA of fixing everything myself, but I definitely just enjoy driving. So, I let those guys that are already experts do the tinkering for me. I can have the vision for what I want the car to be, I can do the research and some of the basics, but I also know my limitations. And you know what, that's not something I'm going to apologize for. I'm 42, run my own business, have a family and I have to be savage with my time allocation and focus on those things that bring me joy and outsource the rest. Does that mean I pay a higher price for the luxury? Of course but that's a price I'm willing to pay. To each their own, right.

I check in to the forums every day to see what people are building, what problems they're solving and to just enjoy the casual banter from the old timers. I love it and hope it continues to be robust. Hopefully one day I'll be one of the old timers moaning about the good ol' days when people learned by doing In the meantime, I'll keep driving the Turbo that I hope to pass on to my kids. Hopefully with 500k miles on the odometer.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Well I was away from here since a while, has to do with all the other things I like to do (RC cars, Lego, motorcycle, girlfriend, etc.) Ok, shame on me... Still working on my car, but not that often, but be sure I wont stop, only time scedule is not that strict.

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 07-22-2019, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Still here and making slow progress. Like FlightLead I'm a road warrior, so Saturday's are domestic catch up days.

Here's a couple of cellphone pics

Old 07-24-2019, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Registered
You're not actually going to ruin that work of art by installing it in a car, are you?!
Beautiful!
Old 07-24-2019, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo View Post
You're not actually going to ruin that work of art by installing it in a car, are you?!
Beautiful!
Thanks!

I'm just going to leave it on the stand and wipe it down with Pledge once in awhile..........
Old 07-24-2019, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Registered

Badass motor how much more do you have left before you install?What ecu are you going with?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2019, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbodman930 View Post
Badass motor how much more do you have left before you install?What ecu are you going with?

I have a few more things to fab up and it's ready to go back in. Will be using a MS3 Pro Evo.

I have the trailing arms out for new bearings and seals, so I want to finish those before it goes back in. At my current snail pace, a couple of weekends on the motor.

I need to get off my butt and update my thread with better pics.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinRice View Post
Thanks!

I'm just going to leave it on the stand and wipe it down with Pledge once in awhile..........
Yah, get on the car-wax-forum guys about the best polishes to use.
Large rectangular glass top, set of 4 caster wheels, and voila... the ultimate coffee table.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo View Post
Yah, get on the car-wax-forum guys about the best polishes to use.
Large rectangular glass top, set of 4 caster wheels, and voila... the ultimate coffee table.

You forgot the q-tips, before the glass top....
Old 07-24-2019, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Now your just plain showing off, you should be ashamed of yourself, making us lowly folks feel unworthy.

Mark
Old 07-24-2019, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Registered

LOL. But seriously nice looking work. Well done. Seems a shame to put back in the car and get it dirty.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 07-24-2019, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Registered

I know right?Even though I own 1 914 and 2 944 turbos a 356 and a partridge in a pear tree.Buttofcoarse all my focus goes to my 930 in wich I recent gotten back from the legends over at TurboKraft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
So Kev....now your dissing my 944 turbo...thems being fight'n words don't-cha-be-know'n.

Mark
Old 09-16-2019, 11:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Registered

I have heard about the Legendary Goat man.Haha that's funny..
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
did I miss something happen here to stir this, or?

Great observations, Mark - largely agreed.

Me, it's a number of things. I was checking in pretty much daily just to keep up. I've made strong effort tho to limit my screen time and enjoy life so I'm not here as much. That, and honestly at 46 I'm pretty burnt / tired of wrenching on my POS's - of course, now that I have my lift installed.

Ah, the irony.

Coupled w/ the fact that I'd gotten my heap to where I want it, I've not had much to post. Until now that it ain't werkin. D'oh / damn / sigh. Still no resolution, towing to shop (ducks) next week just sched'd appt. 2nd time in a year, 1st was the botched throw out bearing engagement that kicked me in the nuts. Fme.

***queue I LOVE YOU GUYS / KUM-BY-A***

I'll echo, this place is by far the best out there in terms of knowledge base - it's unreal how many phone-a-friend hail mary convos I've had w/ you all! Hell, even Chris C ping'd me about my boost issue recently and took my call. Whattapal!

Also agree I've always asked a question than done a search, as whoever said it - I enjoy the interaction w/you all. Met some amazing (!!!!) people!

And... nearly as important to the experience here is... HUMOR. That to me is a major function of life, and you dildos never disappoint. I LOVE the camaraderie here, and as Flightlead said I'd MUCH rather hang w/ youses here than anyone - yer mah peeps! I've had the honor of partying w/ multiple dozens of you all since I got my car in '07 and it's been a _blast_. Sure hope for more.

Alex, when's yer NH turboPALOOZER anywho!?

Shannon, too funny on the bday bit - and - sorry to hear that we're so alike lol 8-) I'd be thicker skinned here tho and continue posting - who gives a fuch about some small minded dbag response - Fthem/Fthat.

Keep on keepin on men (errrrrrrrrrrrr)!

ps. a troubleingly conspicuous lack of GOAT CONTENT here I say, hmmmm... man, we've had some FUN here over the yearseses... let's keep it rollin...

Old 09-16-2019, 11:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: