Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Freak

Garage
Angry I pulled my Perma-tune out and it failed the bench test...

Pins 1 to 4 should be 3,300 ohms, but mine shows open. The car does start and car run fine, but I've been having problems with it stalling when it warms up.

Pins 1 to 4 being open indicate the high voltage is out (according to Permatune). If that is true, I kind of wonder how the car ran at all?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

My mechanic has replaced 6 permatunes....
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

My mechanic has replaced 6 permatunes....
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Go with Bosche unite if you want stock or if you don't mind doing little wiring go with MSD.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have a stock unit in perfect working order, I switched to M & W with my EFI conversion.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Why don't you talk to Permatune and give them a chance to comment/fix it? When installed correctly, they are great replacements for the $$$ stock unit. Mine worked flawlessly for years.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by DonE
Why don't you talk to Permatune and give them a chance to comment/fix it? When installed correctly, they are great replacements for the $$$ stock unit. Mine worked flawlessly for years.

I did call and talk to a tech there. He said there is no repair available on the older units and suggested the new more robust black unit they sell.

I have a MSD 6A I think I will install this weekend .... I hear they will work ok. I just have to hope the tach signal is correct for my 82 VDO..... that and come up with a coil.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx1
I did call and talk to a tech there. He said there is no repair available on the older units and suggested the new more robust black unit they sell.

I have a MSD 6A I think I will install this weekend .... I hear they will work ok. I just have to hope the tach signal is correct for my 82 VDO..... that and come up with a coil.
Use the MSD blaster ignition coil, Pelican should sell it. The exact match up component.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by DDDD
Use the MSD blaster ignition coil, Pelican should sell it. The exact match up component.

Yeah, maybe I should have. I hooked up an Accel high performance coil and my idle is all out of wack .... way too fast. At first I thought I had a vacuum leak but checked everything and all the hoses are connected. The throttle plate is not sticking. I don't know if it's the coil, but I will change it and find out.

The only bummer is, the tach terminal pushed into the MSD housing, so now I have to try and disassemble the unit to repair the connector.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: