Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Struts...Wow!!!

Holy cow! Can't believe the difference in my car. I just installed the Bilstein Sport Struts in the front of my 1985 930S. Absolutely amazing bang for the buck. The front end now sticks and a lot of the highspeed twitchiness is gone.
Could have finished the swap in under an hour if I was not such a fanatic about cleaning every part I take off this car.
Ordered rears too but they have not arrived yet from our sponsor. Probably won't make as much difference as the front but I can hope.
I have now got the front end all finished. New A-Arm bushings, ball joints and struts. I chose not to do T-Bar change just because I street drive th car and don't want an unbearable ride like I ended up with in an old Passat I used to have.
I love it when every once in awhile I work on my cars and can really feel a worthwhile difference.
Does this mean my car is no longer a bone stock original 930S??? Ah, who cares, you can't see the difference anyway
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 09-07-2007, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
whats the mileage on your car?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Did your right height change after installation? I've heard of people having to reset their ride height after new shocks.

Last edited by wcc; 09-12-2007 at 03:09 AM..
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Has about 100K miles. Unfortunately I am not sure about ride height because I did the A-Arms at the same time so I have to reset the ride height anyway
Old 09-12-2007, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Struts

Did you actually replace the strut or just the shock?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I replaced the strut insert on the front struts. The external housing is colored green but the internal strut is silver. The only part of the strut that you can actually see is the threaded end of the rod inside the front trunk I will try to post a pic tonight of the assembly being disassembled.
I will hopefully get the shocks in the rear replaced this evening.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I had a similar experience replacing my HD fronts and going to sport rears. Squat was almost eliminated- much better handling.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: