Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Options for adding turbo system to 3.2

I am planning an engine overhaul and considering adding a turbo to my 3.2. I am aware of the Protomotive Stage 1 system. Are there other options? Is it possible to configure your own system? Does anyone have any recommended configurations for putting together a system that has proven effective and reliable for them? Thanks.

Kevin
Old 01-16-2008, 04:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you can get a hold of Todd he can tell you what to do while your engine is out. That's what I'd do.
Ben at MK can help you to. Mostly it's about how much money you're going to spend.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

there are quite a few of us here that have done our own systems and so far no horror stories l`m aware of. l built mine out of all brand new top of the line parts for a lot less then the cost of a proto system.Thousands less actually but it did take me a year to get it done. A kit will be quicker to build but if you have some skills it`s a waste of money IMO. Now that the M&K exhaust is available as a header option,the BEGI fmu is a proven fueling choice you really only need a chip to get you going. The stock 3.2 maps are very similar to a turbo map according to Steve Wong and don`t require much programming anyways.l`ve heard you can run the stock map on low boost but l`ve never tried it...probably quite fast. My choice is the Garrett turbo,most will agree l think..
Old 01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Ptoscano
3.2 turbo

Went the proto route, not dissapointed...dropped some coin.Contemplating going to stage 2.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I say find a good fabricator and have all of the hardware made, in my experience you get better quality for less or the same cost. Theres that and yes, most defenatly go with a garrett (GT-35R or big GT-30R). You could get a Blown6 I/C, Bell I/c, or even a C2 I/C if you want to save a little. Then call Todd and let him know what you got. I would immediatly go for the pressure sensing as you will eventually want it and if you buy it the first time you dont have to pay for all the other options on the way up to it. Or you could try what I have always wanted to do and run a hot film mass air and negate the need for pressure sensing (always wanted to try it).
Bottom line there are indeed many ways to skin the cat here, as someone else stated- it comes down to how much ching you want to drop.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 01-30-2008, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: