Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
After the next project

Garage
Need Help: Determining Value of Chrome Fuchs.

I am thinking of selling these Fuchs as these will eventually be a spare set. Can you help with determining what these are worth? I want to get an idea before I post to be able to list a reasonable price and to determine if they are worth selling. Please see information and pic's below.

Front: 7x16 with ET 23.3 P205/55 ZR16, 90% tread left (No blemishes. 9.5 out of 10)
Rear: 9x16 with ET 15 P245/45 ZR16, 70 % tread left (No blemishes. 9.5 out of 10)

Tires: Dunlop SP Sport 8000

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bryan

Old 03-15-2008, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Forgot some info just in case

1) I own an 87-930 that these came from, so they are a Turbo application.
2) Completley straight... these look brand new!

Wanted to make sure you had all the info.

Bryan
Old 03-15-2008, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Recent results indicate somewhere north of $2000, if these are polished not chromed real Fuchs. Remember if car has ben vandelized, or other circumstances involved in some repair, the insurance Co or other people in the chain of returning the car ( to unsuspecting injured party) to before the "incident" condition may have cut the corner with fakey doos.

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-15-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Old 03-15-2008, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Questions

So, mine are chromed not polished. And, how do I tell if they are oem fuchs?

I would like to figure out a legitimate value as to be fair to the buyer.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 03-15-2008, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Is there any kind of stamping on the inside of the wheels? Pics? If they are REAL fuchs I'm sorry to say that by chroming them was a serious value reduction. If I was to pay for a real set of chromed fuchs of your size I wouldn't pay much more then about $1000 because of the problems chroming causes. Based on from what I've read here on PP and heard from others. Basically now they are in the realm of fake fuchs because of the chrome. Sorry, I don't want to come off mean, especially since you where so helpful to me in another thread. I hope you come up with a good value for you and your buyer.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Agree with wcc. Personally, as I'm a performance-minded guy, chroming a set of performance rims (particularly Fuchs) would decrease the value dramatically. As in, I'd cross you off my list of potential sellers and move onto someone else. Polishing would be the acceptable way to get that shiny finish, instead.

At the same time, there are certainly a lot of people out there--even amongst 930/911 owners--who wouldn't care that those wheels are chromed, and might actually prefer that blingy look. They wouldn't view the chroming as any sort of detraction from the originality of the wheelset. Heck, your perfect chrome job would save them the trouble of doing that, themselves.

Look on the back of the wheel petals for some sort of serial number or stylized foxhead logo. Take a pic and report back to us.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

After the next project

Garage
Reporting back

Just for the record, I purchased the car with these wheels and even though I would never chrome a wheel... they look great on the car. I actually like them, but have always wanted the 3.6 turbo wheels so the fuchs have to go. I appreciate your responses.

I take no offense to the criticism as my main reason for doing this is to make sure that the buyer gets a fair deal as do I.

Here are some pics of one of the rear wheels that I took tonight. Hopefully this will clarify things a bit. Please, let me know what these are.

Picture #1. I cannot read these numbers at all for the most part. But, if someone out there recognizes this style of numbers/letters then maybe were in business.

Picture #2. This states the size, width and offset of the wheel. 9 Jx16 ET 15

Picture #3. I have no idea but thought I would post anyway.

Picture #4. Some numbers and shapes. Not sure what to make of it. Maybe someone out there can help.

Thanks for all your responses.

Bryan
Old 03-15-2008, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Picture of them on the vehicle

Here is a picture of them on my car. They came on the ride, but I think they look pretty good. Whoever did the chrome... did a great job. I just want to be fair to the buyer.

Still awaiting feedback.

Bryan

Old 03-16-2008, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Those look like they're real to me but it's kinda hard to tell in the pics. If they have the fox stamp then they are real afaik. They look pretty good on your car as well.

Here's a couple threads on fuchs that may be of interest to you.

Where Are Fuchs Stamped?

Real or Fake?!? 8x16" Fuchs
Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: