Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Random Turbo Questions

Whats going on Turbo guys, while the Boxster does not have any turbo aspirations, I'm still a huge fan of the old school aircooled monsters. I have a few quick questions that have been circling around this dense head of mind.

1. With replacement intercoolers, I see that the insulation around the IC is never present. Does losing this strip reduce the efficiency of forcing cold air throught the AC? Any thoughts on the RUF IC, it looks almost stock
2. SC guys are always talk about upgrading the trumbone cooler to the Carrera variety to reduce temperatures. Is this an issue with the early turbos?
3. Regarding the non IC 3.0's, how is the performance compared to later cars? can you get away with moding them without the IC. I met a guy with a 76 that stated he a motor making 500+ with no IC!

Ok thats enough for the day( damn I need to get a life), hope you guys have a great weekend.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo12 View Post
Whats going on Turbo guys, while the Boxster does not have any turbo aspirations, I'm still a huge fan of the old school aircooled monsters. I have a few quick questions that have been circling around this dense head of mind.

1. With replacement intercoolers, I see that the insulation around the IC is never present. Does losing this strip reduce the efficiency of forcing cold air throught the AC? Any thoughts on the RUF IC, it looks almost stock
2. SC guys are always talk about upgrading the trumbone cooler to the Carrera variety to reduce temperatures. Is this an issue with the early turbos?
3. Regarding the non IC 3.0's, how is the performance compared to later cars? can you get away with moding them without the IC. I met a guy with a 76 that stated he a motor making 500+ with no IC!

Ok thats enough for the day( damn I need to get a life), hope you guys have a great weekend.
The question of 500HP is how long will it do it reliably. With the cost of Porsche Parts, Intercoolers seem cheap in the Global scheme of things.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: