Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Modified 930 Immissions Test

What is everyone doing to pass IM.
I have a 1988 930, 3.4, twin plugs, EFI, AEM management system, custom exhaust.
I just got the car running right and now need to pass IM.
I do have the original exhaust with CATS. Will simply bolting this on, get me through?
Thoughts.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
I just got through CA Smog test and I needed to: adjust my AFR, Idle speed, and install an exhaust system with a cat.
In addition I needed to find a place that would look the other way when performing the visual inspection. As my 930 is sans the smog/air pump, and with aftermarket IC and CAI.
Passed with a third of the allowable emissions, on all categories.
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Guys/Gals;

For those of us in California, (and maybe in Utah?), aftermarket intercoolers are legal. A knowledgeable smog inspector should never question an aftermarket unit because it's considered a device that won't alter emissions in a harmful manner. Written affirmation is located in one of the Appendices in the back of the California Smog Manual. You can find in on the net.

UtahRuf, good luck passing your inspection. Sorry, I can't help you on Utah's rules. Here in Cali, you have a real problem. Scott
Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Me like track days

You in Utah? Have visual inpection?
If not and your place is like Washington State, then just passing the emissions would probably require you to fab a pipe with catalyst.

Total cost about $150 plus your time / labor costs.
This is what I had to do -
Old 01-16-2009, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

UtahRuf- PM sent

2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 01-16-2009, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: