Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Good day!

tj930, I am sorry if pissed you off for not emailing you back but instead of an email, I sent my reply to your PM, I PM'ed you twice last Thursday but never got a reply. I have no intentions of making this thread long. On the PM, I even asked you there if where did you connect the DWUR's vacuum sensor so I could do it on mine too. Since I didn't get a reply from you, my next option is to ask the people in the forum who were responding in the thread. But still, I didn't get a definite answer. Honestly, I would rather PM knowledgeable people here in the forum like Cole930, Mark-Houghton, Jfairman and etc which I did in the past who were very helpful to me than starting a thread and ask questions there.
Regarding your question if I have logged data through my laptop, yes I have done that. The manifold pressure changes with boost pressure and revs.

WERK-I, thanks for the defense!

Anyway, I got my problem solved yesterday. While searching the forum for a vaccum to connect the Dwur's vacuum sensor, I saw this '86 930 diagram. I figured out that my mechanic did hook it up in a wrong tube. On the diagram, the throttle port with label "V" (blue) is where my mechanic hooked it where there is no vacuum. While the engine is on, in the UTCIS software it was showing Manifold Pressure of 0.9 which according to Unwired tools, should be 0.4-0.5 if hooked up in a good vacuum. I unhooked the Dwur's vacuum sensor from the "T" and still showing 0.9 manifold pressure in the UTCIS software. So it means that the default value of the digiWUR for the manifold pressure is 0.9 if no vacuum is applied. In the diagram, on the throttle port labeled IV (blue) it is connected to the stock WUR. I looked at my throttle and there was a short hose but capped. It could be the hose connected to my stock WUR that was removed. I removed the small hose and plugged the Dwur's vacuum sensor hose and now UTCIS software showed 0.5 Manifold pressure.

Based on tj930's labeled picture, that is the port the Dwur's vacuum sensor hose should have been plugged in the first place.

Thanks for all the people that replied to the thread!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-25-2009, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
wow this is getting to be like OT !!!
good stuff however...
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 10-25-2009, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: