Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Greg,

The bracket your loking for: 930-110-224-02

If your car is a 930 you already have it. It sits on the left side of the round cooling fan housing that the cooling fan runs in and the coil is bolted to it. Look at the balck ignition coil in the next picture the coil is bolted onto that bracket.

Here is how the rubber elbow and the Bov connect to the fuel distributor and then the spacer then the down pipe to the turbo.

I don't know what else I can offer from here !!!! Good Luck !!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Greg,

Here is another pic of the plumbing from the side that show all the connections:

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks David,

Now I think I'm right, I guess I have just got to make a start.

This is my first project solo on my car and I think I'm a little hesitant in case I hurt it.

Need to and just get into it...

Time to order the bits and do it.

Thanks again for your help,

Greg
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

The turbo inlet pipe you showed is from a 930 and dose not need the C2 Turbo elbow. You could order all the tubing from the metering assembly to the turbo and it might make a small improvement in air flow as it is a better design. You need the elbow out of the metering box anyway to fit the newer style BOV.

You can use any tubing option to connect the turbo outlet with the intercooler but the factory rubber hose is a better design and can make for a small decrease in pressure drop. It is graduated and has reliefs built in at each end so the internal transitions are smother and to minimize disturbance of air flows. Probably not noticeable but that is its reason for being.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks 911,

I order some bits from our host but they will take over 12-15 days to get here (frustrating). I will try to post some photos as I fit the intercooler and ask for different ideas on best way to hook up the hoses...Just a little scared I'll blow it up or damage something.

Thanks to everyone for all the help as soon as the bits get here I'll have a go....

Cheers,
Greg
Old 03-26-2010, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Greg, what parts are you missing? Did you source the factory up-hose?
I have misc bits and parts, let me know what you still lack.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Brian,

I think I have everything apart from the 3in to 2in tapered rubber Intercooler hose. I refuse to pay $361 for foot long rubber hose.

If anyone has any ideas on fabricating one let me know. I was going to try to use a 2in to 3in exhaust reducer or try to modify my existing 930 pipe.

If anyone has one sitting around.... let me know.

Cheers,
Greg
Old 03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I think I still have this 964T part. I'll dig it out for you. If interested shoot me an email, I'll sell it for what I paid a few years ago.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
I've sent you a email

Greg
Old 03-27-2010, 12:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

got a khol;en reucer part pm me if iterested
Thanks
Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

I hope Brian can help you with that tube.

That tube along with the intercooler's end tank designs are probably the best design of any 930 IC system and should help to keep pressure drop at about the lowest of any system.

I am a big, big fan of the C2 Turbo intercooler set up.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, I hope Brian can find his one.

$361 us dollars is pretty steep when converted into Australian dollars and then adding the shipping costs to over here...

But, the factory hose must be tapered for a good reason.

I've heard the C2 is a really good unit. I think someone did some testing on temps and acceleration on here recently and the C2 performed really well when compared with some of the aftermarket units.

I think It should go well with one of Brian's K27S turbos and his exhaust & headers which were fitted to my car last week...made a big difference to my car, can hardly wait to get the K27S turbo on and this intercooler sorted out.

Last edited by 28rusblue; 03-27-2010 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-27-2010, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Yes I found it and it is put aside for you. Your turbo and BOV shipped on the 26th so the tube missed that boat. Shoot me an email if you need it shipped now. Shouldn't be too bad as it weighs maybe a pound. Your cams should arrive any time so we can ship them together if not urgently needed.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Brian,

That's great news I new you would find it, so I PayPal you some money earlier today.

May as well wait for the cams to turn up and ship it with them.

I'm waiting for some other bits to be shipped by our host and looks like a hold up from Porsche's end anyway.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28rusblue View Post
Would anyone know this bits part number?

What gets connected to these outlets A B C D E?
Do I need to buy any sensors?

Do I use this pipe?

Small hijack...
I just got a blown six 964 intercooler so I am figuring out what to connect where. Mine has the holes for the pipe fittings but no fittings so I can connect hoses. Is it typical for to need to weld in your own? Where do I get the fittings to weld in? I looked at the usual sites including ebay but I'm not sure what they are called so it is hard to search for them.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Forwheeler,

Not sure if this is what your meaning... but if you have threaded holes in your Blown 6 cooler, you should be able to find alum or brass air-hose barbed ended fittings with threads that suit. As an ex-carpenter, try any place that sells a range of nailguns and nailgun nails as they will usually have a complete range of air hose fittings, all sorts of brass hose joiners and thread sealer usually at a reasonable price.

Or if you have no threads in the holes maybe very carefully tap a thread that suits standard airhose fittings. But make sure you get all those metal scraps and filings out of that intercooler.... wouldn't want them to go through your engine.

Greg
Old 04-04-2010, 02:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28rusblue View Post
Hi Forwheeler,

Not sure if this is what your meaning... but if you have threaded holes in your Blown 6 cooler, you should be able to find alum or brass air-hose barbed ended fittings with threads that suit. As an ex-carpenter, try any place that sells a range of nailguns and nailgun nails as they will usually have a complete range of air hose fittings, all sorts of brass hose joiners and thread sealer usually at a reasonable price.

Or if you have no threads in the holes maybe very carefully tap a thread that suits standard airhose fittings. But make sure you get all those metal scraps and filings out of that intercooler.... wouldn't want them to go through your engine.

Greg
I can find some fittings for the threaded holes like you said. I was hoping to find some place which sells press in or weld in fittings for the unthreaded holes. I can try to buy a couple large taps, 1" and 3/4" I think to thread them. I was more curious if the intercoolers come without threaded holes for some reason. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: