Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

911 turbo 1984 air conditioning doesn't work

I have power to the compressor and it works but the fan to circulate cool air to the interior doesn't work. I've tried the fuses and relays and they're OK. So where is that fan motor?? Or what should I be looking for now?

Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Have you checked the relay in the smugglers box?
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The fan motor is in the top half of the black plastic evaporator box under the smuggler's box door in the front trunk.

There is a short cable with plug coming out of the top of the evaporator box. You can jump 12 volts to the 2 terminals in the plug to see if the fan motor still works.

The relay mounted on the inside of the smuggler box sends 12 volts to the evaporator fan and compressor clutch so if the compressor is getting 12 volts the smuggler box relay should be good.

The front condensor fan has it's own relay with no fuse on the leading edge of the front relay/fuse panel. You should install an inline fuse in the front condensor fan power wire to keep it from burning down someday.

All the 12 volt fan motors in the car are marginal quality and could use some cleaning and oil on the motor armature bushings after all these years...

Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: