Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Thanks!!

now if I can just figure out why the XD-16/ LC-1 afr gauge will only display 3 dashes and no longer shows afrs........... no warm up mode, not able to cal, just 3 dashes...
All connections checked. It also worked fine before the new headers got installed......
why? why?
only different thing is that O2 sensor was installed in the headers instead of the exhaust muffler as it was before.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

It''s me. Again...

I should have known better as mine just has a short piece of hose on top pointed towards the back to keep trash out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Uhhhmmmm Rocket Man....either one of us is getting old or some brain fart won't let me think correctly, but I believe the top of the WG is vented to atmosphere and the side is the boost signal port. Damn, now I'm going to have to crawl under the car to look-see. I hate it when this happens(brain fog)
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

You need to check the wiring again. It's not getting power/ground or a signal from the O2 sensor or LM-1.

Better to have the O2 sensor after the turbo as well. If it fails, you'll get FOD in your turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidigonzo View Post
Thanks!!

now if I can just figure out why the XD-16/ LC-1 afr gauge will only display 3 dashes and no longer shows afrs........... no warm up mode, not able to cal, just 3 dashes...
All connections checked. It also worked fine before the new headers got installed......
why? why?
only different thing is that O2 sensor was installed in the headers instead of the exhaust muffler as it was before.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Glad you got it all sorted.
I have noticed that with my headers the initial boost hit spikes and then settles back as compared to the stock J-pipe. This is with the stock waste gate and may have something to do with the pressure differential as compared to stock. Those dynamics change considerably once a free flowing system is in place.

I'm having the same issue with my XD-16/LM-1 combo. The gage worked for a while now only - - - shows up. I read in another thread where the LM-1 box is not totally compatible with the XD-16 gage and needs to be sent back to Innovate for an upgrade. Their response time is so bad I haven't bothered. Personally I have had it with screwing around with this crappy system that seems to take a EE to install.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah. mine is mated to the LC-1 and it has worked fine and done this --- crap a few times before. Never could tell how it just started working again. Ive gone through it all many times and nothing. $299 for this?
what other afr/O2 sensor system do you recommend?
I have a DWUR and all the other mods so I have to know the AFRS inorder to adjust.... And now with the headers and cold weather, I have no idea what they are.......
Old 11-11-2010, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'm with you. I use the LM-1 portable box and laptop to tune fuel systems so it is really an irony that a the gear in my personal car won't work!
I have not tried any other brand. There is a fellow here on the board that sells a system through Pelican. Problem is I am soooooo deep $$$ wise into this Innovate junk. I bought all the sensors gizmos and gages and left out the tuition for a course in EE.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

As a WUR and Fuel Distributor rebuilder, posts like this are what caused me to have to buy a cnc lathe to remake the parts you destroy in doing this because you found 1 out of 4 adjustment points on this WUR. Contact me and tell me what you are trying to do and I can give you some help, this is not the solution to warm control pressure problems.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
What's the deal with all this SPAM crap? There really needs to be harsh consequences for these maggots.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: