Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Carrera Front Valence Removal - Need Help

OK none of the books I have show how to remove the front valence from my '84 Carrera. I bet it would be clear if I removed the bumper first, but I am hoping someone has removed the valence without removing the bumper and can walk me through the steps.

My valence is bent up on one side and comes into contact with the fog light and I want to get this fixed.

Searching Pelican I saw the front of a Carrera with the bumper and valence removed but I cannot find the necessary bolts with everything still attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loren
Old 11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Check out links below, it helped me when I took mine off.

'88 911 Bumper Removal

removing front valance and bumper

3 posts? Any pics of your car posted yet?

Welcome to the forum
Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick reply. First, no pix but I should get some to post. This is my 3rd Porsche. Back in the day I had a 1959 Convertible D ( wish I still owned it!) and up until a few years ago a 1995 C4. Wasn't driving it enough (1,000 miles in 2 years plus) so I sold it. Wish I hadn't!

Got the bug again and decided on the Carrera series. So here I am.

The link you provided is the one I saw, but for the life of me I cannot find the 2 inboard bolts. Where are they? Do I find them from within the hood cavity and if so are they in the same locations either side? I pulled the spare and jack and did not see any likely candidate bolt heads. From the link it appears the bumper came off revealing the valence mounting bolts. Am I wrong? Did you get your valence off without removing the bumper?

Do the fog light mounts come out with the valence? The link shows the fogs hanging, but I do not see the metal mounting buckets.

Loren
Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: