Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
964 front condensor in a 930

anybody done this? i remember reading some have. i have the zimms for the rear and just recieved the 964 for the front left fender. i figure with both i should be ok even here in hot ass florida!! thanks

Old 04-19-2012, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I am doing this to my Carrera project, I took the hard approach and cut away the fender bulge, relocated the battery a bit and so forth.

Not yet running though, albeit I have no worries that it will work at least as well as the real 964.

Dennis

Fitting 6 speed G50 to '89 Carrera
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
i knew i would need to be creative with some brackets but i aint cuttin no damn holes
Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Believe me, I tried to get away without it, but between the washer bottle, the bumper mount and the battery bulge, there was no good way to put it in there.

Mine looks considerably more dramatic as the car is apart, but at a minimum you would need to pull of the DS fender and related stuff to do it well.

D.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Fender does not have to be removed. No big holes or re-shaping of inner fender panel.
Fitting the 964/993 A/C condenser:
1. Lose the giant washer tank, replace with compact unit
2. Hang from headlight bucket -- there's already a hole, and adding a 2nd hole is no big deal. Make support brackets to stabilize it.
3. Slightly modify the fan housing to clear bodywork
4. Make new A/C lines
5. Make stone guard as needed
6. Enjoy much better air conditioning
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 04-21-2012, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

IS this to replace the rear condenser? becasue of the full bay intercooler? Since mine is a slant the head lights fold dowm into that area. I'll have to stick it in the rear fenderwell.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-21-2012, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I think the 964 condensor and fan would fit behind the left rear tire. It's very high quality. You'd have to make a stone gaurd and some shrouding. Then the Zims kit with it's 10" fan in front of the left rear tire and your AC would work really good.

I like the big washer tank. It's my WMI tank now.
I can still spray the headlights and windsheild from it too but I use the small tank for windsheild washing most of the time.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
chris thanks for the reply. is it ness. to keep the skinny one up front? i was thinking about losing it as i will have the 964 and the zimms. i have a setrab oil cooler just in front of it and i think its help is marginal at best
Old 04-21-2012, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

If it's working well (clean, fins straight), I'd keep the small front condenser -- no harm having the capacity to emit more BTUs. But if less then great condition, I'd ditch it.
A rear fender condenser is really easy, too. Even the stock wing unit works well when put in the fender with a fan on it. A wheel stone guard is a necessity.
Ken - I don't think you'll get any sizeable condenser in the front fender of a Slant; a rear fender solution makes sense for you.

email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: