Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Architecture & Porsche's

Paging Dr. Leask: will the real Brian Leask please stand up :)

Brian you here?

I'm trying to locate Brian: misplaced my Leask WUR adjustment instructions: does anyone have a copy/digital copy?? I'm not having any luck with the .Cox email address.

Mine has the upgraded diaphram for higher HP if that makes any difference.

Mark.

'74 911 RSR 3.6
Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
If you bought it through me I'll have a record of it and send you a copy. If not email me your information and I'll help however I can.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Architecture & Porsche's

I had sent it to him directly back in January 2011. I remember emailing him a question in regards to tuning hardware that wasn't returned, back in March of '11 or so. Is he ok??

Mark
'74 911 RSR 3.6
Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
When I was having an issue with my wur last year he got back to me within a couple of days so he will respond if you have a problem.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, H&R Coilovers, ESB spring plates- 210 lb
Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
i cant find my manual either so if anyone has a copy...
Ive emailed him lots this week and he responds almost immediately. If I had my manual I wouldnt have bothered him so much.
btw anyone know how to set cold start afrs.? Ive gotten the other adjustments down but now on cold start/early am , it runs rough with afrs in the 14.5-15.7 range......
Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidigonzo View Post
i cant find my manual either so if anyone has a copy...
Ive emailed him lots this week and he responds almost immediately. If I had my manual I wouldnt have bothered him so much.
I think he must have spam filtering on (who doesn't?). I emailed him once or twice asking if I could get replacement adjustment hardware after I misplaced the originals and got no reply.

Quote:
btw anyone know how to set cold start afrs.? Ive gotten the other adjustments down but now on cold start/early am , it runs rough with afrs in the 14.5-15.7 range......
CCP setting is the set screw on the top of the WUR. Loosen the lock nut, tap it down to lower CCP (richen). Tap down in small increments, watching the pressure gauge, slowly pull it back up with the lock nut if you go too far. I've been needing to do mine for about two years.. According to my wrench, setting the CCP somewhere in the lower end of the factory-specified range generally works best on 930's.

Changing CCP can also affect WCP (my CCP setting originally got screwed up by someone adjusting it to raise WCP on the dyno - because they didn't know there was a separate adjustment for that on a BL WUR), so check/re-adjust that separately.

Last edited by spuggy; 04-26-2012 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: fix the gibberish.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Architecture & Porsche's

Brian ran across this thread & sent me the manual: thanks Brian!

Cold start afr's: mid, mid-low 13's are best for the strongest idle with a cold engine, & produces the strongest vacuum numbers as well. 14's are too high for a cold engine.

Once warm, mid 14's. On cruise, 14.7-15.0 for mileage. For soft/mid acceleration, mid 13's. WOT: 11.8-12.0

'74 911 RSR 3.6
Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: