Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Anyone recognize this andial box under my seat?

Was removing the junky old seats the PO put in there, and noticed this under the seat. Is it an andial part? or just a sticker? I think this car was andial tuned back in the day because I keep finding andial marked parts all over the engine, in the trunk, under the seats etc. Any ideas? and do i need to keep it? will be doing a bunch of mods soon when i replace my old clutch (lots of slipping) and will be putting on all my Rarelyl8 goodies, new turbo, maybe a cam etc. and removing all the emissions crap still in there. I remember something about an andial enrichment system they used to put in that does not bring much to the party.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Yes that is the Andial, fuel enrichment control box, if you still have the frequency valve in the Wur and Fuel head, then it is most likely still working, assuming the control knib on the dash isnt turned to the you counterclockwise position, which is off. Each click to the rigjt gives 10% more fuel while on boost. The kits do work, depending on mods, these kits still have a high resale value, if they didnt do anything, they wouldnt, call Pete at Andial, if you want the components tested. If you have an Afr gauge on the car you can test it while on boost, in consistant conditions.

The point of it lowers control pressure allowing the air meter arm/ plate to go lower further, which intern allows more fuel flow from the fuel head. The kit itself d Its does not inject more fuel. This in theory, is similar to modify the air meter plate/arm discussed in a lengthy 934 thread on forum.

The kits electric functionality can also be bench tested with a volt meter and boost gauge.

I m sure others will have some opinions on this, just my, 2 cents..
Old 07-06-2012, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
hmmmm, ok. not sure about the dash dial, will take a pic and maybe someone can identify it. The PO didnt even tell me it had this in it! Ok, well then I stand corrected. I do not have an AFR gauge yet, but may add one as part of the freshening up.

*EDIT* Could not find any non-original knobs on the dash. did they hide them elsewhere?

Last edited by Groovie Ghoulie; 07-06-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

My car has that as well, but where is your fuel knob? My fuel knob is next to the control box.
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Hmmmm, ok. I looked everywhere and cannot find it. Have done some reading though, seems when I put on my adjustable WUR It will achieve the same thing, so I can shelve the Andial system. Is that correct? As I said this is a total surprise to me.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I've gone native

If you do take it off, I'd be interested in as many components as you have.
c
Old 07-06-2012, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I tend to be a bit of a jonny-keep-it-all, but I will bear that in mind.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
take a look directly in front of the shift boot, towards the dash. you may see a little dial tucked under the plastic of the center console. it will be very hard to see. i posted a picture of mine when i first got it a while ago. i will see if I can find the pic.
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 07-06-2012, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
the small dial just above the boot

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads18/DSCN13341284913790.jpg
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Hey, Groovie.
I have the same set up.
Went out looking for the knob this morning and cant find it.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, I looked in front of the shift boot, no dice. I am waiting for my camera lens to stop fogging up (its humid and hot as hell outside), and I will post some pics.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I have three old school 930 cars with the Andial enrichment. One enrichment control knob is next to the mechanism under the seat, one is in the center consoule and another under the dash near the steering mechanism. A light should come somewhere on the dash, possibly on the upper speedo or elsewhere once the boost goes over ,06 bar. They have all been on the motors if you add up the miles over 60K and all running fine. Boost is generally 1.0 single and 1.2 bar with twin plug heads and race gas. Not the latest but works well for the builds they have ( around 400HP ). All of my control knob look like the one pictured by j930, just keep looking by following the wiring trail, they are there somewhere.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-06-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old 07-06-2012, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
My switch is mounted under the seat, and my switch knob is different from the one on J930's pic. Mine doesn't have a light. Your switch could be mounted anywhere. You can find the wiring diagrams on this forum, so you'll know which set of wires to follow to find your switch, if you have a switch. It should be some kind of rotory switch, because there is 4 or 5 settings. "Off" just puts the boost fuel enrichment at a "stock" setting, then with each click it adds more fuel on boost, like 66cal912 was referring to.

"You don't have to be CRAZY to own a sports car, but it helps"

Last edited by 1SIK930; 07-06-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Ok, I think I found mine.
Black knob on the side of the centre consol ?
It seems to have 4 settings.
If thats not it, what the hell is this thing?

Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

4 clicks? that's probably it. Check where the wires go and watch for the ( optional light) to go( at night) on somewhere after .06 bar
Old 07-06-2012, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
That looks like the same switch that's on mine. But, you should still follow the wiring or test the wiring with a continuity tester to make sure that it's the switch that's hooked up to the control box.

"You don't have to be CRAZY to own a sports car, but it helps"

Last edited by 1SIK930; 07-06-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
I don't get a light. I also cannot find any wires in the engine bay that look like all the posts on this I have researched.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Oh wait, I think I found it! the mystery knob right between the climate control knobs on the center console. I have 5 settings. But Still......

Well crap, I got the car with a RUF R-4 exhaust, K27-7006 Turbo and Andial intercooler and 1 bar spring. stock headers though.

I wonder if I should keep this in the car then. But if I am using the leask adjustable WUR and modified fuel head will it be unnecessary? the car does not feel like it has anywhere near 400 HP.

I wish I wasnt getting so much clutch slip, I would love to have it Dyno'd.

Last edited by Groovie Ghoulie; 07-06-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Old 07-06-2012, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
4 clicks? that's probably it. Check where the wires go and watch for the ( optional light) to go( at night) on somewhere after .06 bar
Thanks, mate.
Would this light be on the dash ?
The wires do run back to the box, so this is the knob.
You cant beat this forum.

Good luck , Groovie.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

The yellow wire on the cube relay in your second photo is for the optional indicator light. It looks like it goes to the electrical connection strip but there is no wire on the other side of it. I would guess that there is no optional indicator light installed. Very easy to install though.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: