Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ANOTHER project..., now that you're there?
Maaaan, I don't know how you keep track of all of them without finishing up with too many or missing parts... but I know there will be a happy ending - like always. Nevertheless, I'm glad that u and Ronnie are making up... :-)
Old 03-13-2014, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
I know Miguel, I've totally lost it (wasn't much to lose) - and agreed - hope I don't lose anything "else"! It IS a lot to keep track of and I'm not super organized 8-).

Blame cabin fever and the damn winter here!

It's definitely chaos here - the full insanity check:

- paint valance / mirrors / rear bumper (tit holes filled)
- front mount Setrab 72row plumbed into OE fender mount cooler
- twin Bosch 044's
- JWR Garret / ITS turbo
- SC cams
- some seals "while in ^there^"
- Weltmeister adjustable spring plates
- DZug strut bar
- MSD ignition & coil
- Porterfield R4S front pads
- Smart Racing rotor duct shields & tubes
- Ate Super Blue flush
- Wevo SL shifter (haven't pulled trigger on that one yet... hoping to make it happen)
- Fikse's
- front fenders rolled (thanks Chris!)
- H1's and relays
- new hi/lo signal stalk (I borked mine)
- figure out horn wire to Momo finally - only been a bazillion years

I think that's "it"?

Hey, I don't watch TV, and have a Kerosene blaster and bierfridge in garage - and gearhead neighbors to heckle me.

Best part is, most of ^that^ was zero or minimal cost outlay, as I've sold OE bits and traded this and that for a lot of it. Onnnnly way I can do such, most certainly.

now

I'd noted before... the FU's betwixt Ronalot & I are 1000% in jest, just good old fashion baulbustin is all.

On that note:

FU Ronnie.

Yeah, all this will definitely be worth it... basically nearly everything I always wanted to do to my POS... finally making it happen. My penance for selling it I s'pose

Pic... because:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 03-13-2014 at 07:49 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

You know that you can get rid of that pipe/column in the middle of the garage by installing a metal plate "sandwiched" between the drafters above - most probably at their splice location, opening the whole area for you... just another project... let me know if you need details on that. I've done it in two of my basements before - simple and it works.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Nevertheless, I'm glad that u, Paul, are finally wearing making up... :-)
Now that's interesting! I've never met Paulasss in person, so wasn't aware of this little tidbit! Thanks for sharing that info - explains a lot!

And for Paul -
Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
I'd noted before... the FU's betwixt Ronalot & I are 1000% in jest, just good old fashion baulbustin is all.
It sure is a lot more entertaining than the "ballswinging" that you see going on in the Magnus-type threads . . . although those do have an entirely different, point and laugh, entertainment quality about them!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You know that you can get rid of that pipe/column in the middle of the garage . . .
Well, at least the pole is doing a decent job of hiding ONE of the dope dubs from view!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Paul...driving season is coming soon! The front valence looks nice although I can't believe your car is not GR. I see that you are going with MSD ignition. Make sure you get epoxy filled coil...not the oil filled. They are less likely to fail especially with the terminal cap pointing down like most coils are mounted on these cars.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
thanks MikeD!

Went w/ their blaster from a fellow member here... thanks Norm!

we're probably a month or more away from driving season, and I've nearly turned the corner on most of these endeavors - so - hopefully will be back together and up and running in time

Sooooo then, what color is YOUR CAR eh??? Same as mine I thought. Did you think you had Guards or am I the only idjut? (heh yeah I know... fully loaded question thar)

Miguel... yeah, I've fantasized about removing that pole (POLar opposite of Ronnie who always desparately seeks to have POLE INSERTED). My girls' room is above there. It's built w/ a microlam girder, which I've been told doesn't "require" the lolly column. I'll have to look into it some more when I get some time.

Also fantasize about a lift... I've got 11'11" celings... sigh...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 03-13-2014, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Normally, when I fantasize, Paulie, I get a lift, too!
Old 03-13-2014, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
(POLar opposite of Ronnie who always desparately seeks to have POLE INSERTED)
There you go talking about my again!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Guys, we really have to make an effort to get together for TurboPalooza, it'll be a blast putting the characters together...
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Paul:

Very very nice Paul I'm lovin the look !!!!!!!

Don't pay any attention to the spelling Nazi. All those Texans have
brain damage from drinking that oily, brown, worm laced, Mexican Tequila.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 03-13-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Guys, we really have to make an effort to get together for TurboPalooza, it'll be a blast putting the characters together...
EXACTLY!!!!

nothing like it

thanks Cole!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

I can't wait! I can show Paul what Guards Red really looks like
Old 03-13-2014, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Fret not, Ronnie... I'm not doing any of this seeking yer approval nor accolades. Is going to look utterly tits (not titsly utters) when all's wrapped up in a few weeks. Getting there.
Ha! No fretting here, and I don't actually think the mods yer doing are as heinous as I let on (well, except for the no-bumper-tits, and 18 inchers, and, and, and . . .)! But most definitely, you should do as you see fit to YOUR car, which obviously, you are in the process of doing! It sure is fun yankin' yer wee knobin about it, though!

And P.S. -
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Don't pay any attention to the spelling Nazi. All those Texans have brain damage from drinking that oily, brown, worm laced, Mexican Tequila.

Cole
Old 03-13-2014, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
I just took a look at the paint code on the RF fender on my '87 930. Here's what is shows:

80K 9 2
INDISCHROT
G1

It's the same as yours!

I did some search on the paint code and from what I understand per Porsche both India Red and GR are the same color for a given MY car (earlier model 911 may have different shade red color i.e. paint code 027 for India Red than paint code 80K for India Red/GR). Just that Porsche felt it may be offensive to North Americans to call the paint India Red (also known as Indian Red) so they call it Guards Red in NA. This is getting confusing so I'll stop now. Maybe your original paint "aged" versus new paint resulting in slightly different shade red color or the paint shop used the wrong MY paint?

Please correct me if I'm wrong about India Red and GR being the same.

Last edited by MikeD930; 03-15-2014 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Paul, nice look to that AIR front air dam. I put an AIR front dam on my '79 in 1980, when the late Dan McLaughlin owned the co. They didn't offer the brake ducts back then...I would have gone with that style. I pre-fit the air dam, then just had my painter finish it for me.
No mounting issuses whatsoever. We just lost our painter+ friend of 4 decades,
Jack Kimoto last month, he was 87 and the BEST !
'79 930 up by the Rock Store in the Santa Monica hills.
Marty
Old 03-15-2014, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
cool pic Marty, and sorry for the loss of your friend

MikeD!... ah ha... so I am in fact not super-duper ubercrazy. Well, not completely. Or alone, at least. Thanks for sharing (admitting) that! 8-)

Jake sent me this swatch from Porsche yesterday which pretty much confirms what you're saying there:

(I hear Ronnie's got his car in for a switch to Erikaviolett, hmmm)

Dunno why there appears to be 5 different codes for it there tho - different variants?

Would make sense as my paint guy is adamant they're different, and he mixed me up what Indischrot is and it's a dead-match. Actually, there's 2 shades of that even - mine's the redder of the 2, there's another w/ a c-hair more burgundy to it (not really but best way to describe the direction the color trends toward). Weird stuff.

Werserer... my car's had F&R bumpers painted in it's previous life (before the guy I bought I from the first time). The front bumper was the more orangey, the rest of the car the more red. I'd never really noted it - always chalked it up to being the angle it's at and that it's aluminum vs. steel figuring it laid out different or whatever, was faded, etc. Soon as we started talking about it it's all I could see. ARGH.

So, off that came too last night - yeah... MORE of my car into a bazillion pieces, why not? D'oh. But, it'll be sooooooooo gooooooooood when he's done w/ everything - it's worth it.

I think my car's going to be Superleggera after the 18cubic tons of gravel that fell out of the washer bottle area upon removal... crykie! 8-)

Old 03-15-2014, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
Uh oh...your car needs corner balancing now since you dumped gravel from the LF of the car!

Speaking of paint...shortly after I bought my 930 I noticed the paint of my fiberglass hood did not closely match the rest of the car. The color of the hood has more red. What's strange is the color of the fiberglass RS 3.8 tail match the car. Go figure. One of these days I may do the same thing as you are doing...repaint to match.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: