Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
There is a lot of people who lost there shirt in the past few years in 'collectable' cars, namely American cars from the 50's and 60's.

Hagerty bases the "value" of the cars not only on desirability, but demographics. Baby-boomers are starting to fall off the radar screen, and thus the people who find/found these cars of significance simply are falling by the wayside. Some responses from an earlier post I mentioned, people thought I was crazy mentioning the fact that the car of the future will make eventually diminish automobile racing a thing of the past. With no talent required in the future to drive, who(m) will identify with someone who can? That 'talent' will become irrelevant.

Youth is also a factor...todays kids are more interested in the latest I=Phone, or app. What we find of 'importance' doesn't mean others share that same sentiment. Turning 16 back in the day was a right of passage, as getting your drivers license was the 'norm'. The numbers don't support that anymore, as they are waiting later and later to do so, just as delaying marriage...they can't be bothered because it's an enormous amount of responsibility, and the days of affordable housing is non-existent.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

About time

Really guys, don't you think the market finally caught up? I have felt for years our 930's have been quite undervalued. Sure low mileage, clean cars will always bring top dollar, but it looks as though now our cars are closer to what they are worth.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

TilikumTurbo, Maybe out there, but lots of young from both genders drooling over my 930s whenever being driven or at local shows. We do not have many restrictions and lots of nice roads, few cops ( and many of those are car nuts) and race tracks without noise limits. Most of the kids get their licenses ASAP out here in the fly over zone and can't wait to drive something cool . So send me the people that think your way with nice 930s to sell, I'd be very interested to help them out.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-18-2014 at 12:49 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: