Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
wipers stopped working-need help to fix

Hey guys,
I am too lazy to investigate this so thought to ask you guys a quick question:

My wipers stopped working the other day and I checked the fuse and its not that.

Would the intermittent wiper relay be the culprit and where would it be mounted on my 79 930 turbo? I assume its behind all the heater and ventilation motors up inside the front trunk, but not sure if they would have mounted on the rear engine bay relay panel? There is a big square black relay mounted there that looks very much like the picture on the parts forum here.

Dont think it would be my wiper toggle switch on my steering wheel because the intermittent wiper switch does not function either.

Any body know the answer, where its located and if its the next thing to check....save me alot of un-neccessary work.

How do I check the intermittent relay with a multimeter?

thanks guys,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Bump....

Anybody can help me out?

regards,
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 07-10-2014, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Wiper relay is under the cowl behind the instruments on the left side on my '87. There's more than one relay there so get the part number off pelicans parts listing and then pull out the instruments and find the one with that part number.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hey Fred,

I can't help you with the technical aspect of your question. But, you might try posting this in the 911 forum as well. I can't imagine that the wiper circuits vary that much for similar vintage NA cars.

Good luck and I hope it doesn't rain!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: