Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Are these correct clutch fork upgrade parts?

We had an incident near here...you may have heard via Jim Bauman...Tom's Carrera had the "tabs" that hold the clutch fork rod break off on the transmission case....not a good situation.

Anyway I'm doing a fork upgrade and ordered the upgraded fork and a shaft kit. Here is a picture of what I got. Do I take the plastic bushings out and reassemble with the solid bronze bushings? Is this the best upgrade? I have an 89 3.2 with the G50. I don't want to end up like I was with clutch dust collecting and eventually getting things so tight that stuff starts breaking.

Thanks,

-Henry

Old 06-25-2005, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Looks like the right stuff, but you also need the t/o bearing and the new input shaft coller. Use the search function here It has all the info.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You are correct. I figured it out. I took out the plastic bushings and installed the bronze bushings and the shaft all fit without machining the case. I did need to do some honing/etc. but not much. I hope this setup is more clutch dust tolerant. I'm thinking of how to put in some improved sealing system.....I don't know if I'll get to that or not...I'm thinking of a rubber tube across inbetween the bronze bushings over the top of the shaft, that would at least seal the most exposed part. What sort of lube you would use on this? I am thinking boat trailer wheel bearing grease. Thanks.
-h
Old 06-27-2005, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I don't think you need any grease. Look up G50 upgrades in the search area of this site. Good reading and tons of info
Old 06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

minor update...I looks like the kit I got is what you want....doesn't require boring the case and doesn't use needle bearings. Please believe me....you don't want to bore the case....it is not strong enough as it is. A guy in the local PCA just blew the ears that hold the shaft off his case. Expensive incident. I don't know who makes the kit...I bought it from EBS and I don't see any mfg. info. on what I got. Maybe EBS has these made up.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

looks like the weltmeister that I installed.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: