Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

CIS parts replacement question

As part of my 2.7 engine rebuild project, I have done some updating to the 30 year old CIS system. I've replaced my WUR with a fairly new one, put on a new cold start valve, and will be putting a new decel valve on when it arrives. I'd like to drop in the new (rebuilt) fuel distributor I have also and install the "reconditioned" injectors and sleves I've installed in a second set of intake tubes I have but I'm concerned that once I have the engine back in the car, if it doesn't fire up right away that I'll be facing a lot of possible causes if I really mess with the fuel injection system.

To start with, I thought I might put the CIS setup that was on the car (and running fine) back in with the WUR, cold start valve and micro switch added and then add the new fuel distributor and injectors once the engine is running well again.

Should a brand new (rebuilt) fuel distributor need any adjustment during installation? Shouldn't the WUR, cold start valve, decel valve, and micro switch be "plug and play" items?

Jack
Old 11-05-2005, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Try not, Do or Do not

Garage
Yes, you will need to adjust the fuel dist. After installing the fuel dist, the easy way to get it close is the pull the air filter and with the engine running move the lever that is attached to the air flow plate. If you pull it down and the engine runs better your system is too rich. Turn the mixture screw counter clock wise. If the engine runs better when you lift the arm then you system is too lean. Turn the 3 mm mixture screw clock wise. When the system is running at it's best moving the arm in either direction will make it run poorly. After you get it running and warm try this methpd again.
Good luck.
Email: supertec1@earthlink.net

Last edited by Henry Schmidt; 11-05-2005 at 06:37 AM..
Old 11-05-2005, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Once again, thank you for your advise Henry. It's always most helpful. I guess I'm going to have to call this the Henry Schmidt Memorial Engine Rebuild Project.

Jack
Old 11-05-2005, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Try not, Do or Do not

Garage
I know some guys on this board want me dead but "Memorial Engine Rebuild Project?"
let's not bury me yet.
Email: supertec1@earthlink.net
Old 11-05-2005, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I knew I shouldn't have said "Memorial". How about the
"Henry Schmidt Advisory Engine Rebuild Project?"

Jack
Old 11-05-2005, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: