Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1975 911S engine rebuild question

Hi folks,

I'm considering purchasing a 1975 911S with a rebuilt engine. I've heard the horror stories about the 2.7L engines but this one seems to have been sorted out.

My question: The engine has been rebuilt and now produces 220 HP. Will the increased HP reduce the expected engine life?

Here's what I know about the rebuild from an email from the seller:

"The engine was assembled using all high performance parts…Divalar studs, Timed crankcase inserts, 10.5:1 Nickasil racing pistons and cylinders, oversized oil pump and oil channels, an extra oil cooler, Euro fuel distributor, SSI heat exchangers, pressurized turbo cam chain tensioners, turbo air box pop-off anti back-fire valve, etc. It was balanced/blueprinted and dyno-tuned to produce 220 HP, which is a significant improvement over stock (they were factory rated at 175 HP). It was lowered with all new bushings and mounts and had Weltmeister sway bar and Ferodo brakes added."
Old 04-06-2010, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi,

The first thing I would tell you is that its VERY difficult to get 220BHP from a CIS 2.7.

I would ask about who did the engine rebuild as thats critical to the value of the car.
(503) 244-0990
porsche@rennsportsystems.com
www.rennsportsystems.com
Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
The mechanic that rebuilt the engine is Larry Sheldrick in NC.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: