Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1969 911 2.0 spark plug

This may sound like a weird question but I was wondering if anyone knows what brand spark plug the early 911s came from the factory with.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Tended to be very expensive Bosch
Bruce
Old 11-01-2015, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks
Old 11-01-2015, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Slippery Slope Expert

Garage
They came with Bosch Platinum. However when I had that same engine in the 914-6 "back in the day" I ran NGK standard plugs with no issues whatsoever. The platinum plugs were expensive overkill, in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Plain old low cost Bosch copper core W7DC should work good for overall street driving. If that runs too hot a W5DC is a little colder low cost copper core plug that will work.
Those used to be low cost plugs and hopefully they still make them.

If those are hard to find there are similar heat range NGK and Autolite plugs that work well. Most auto part places should have the spark plug crossover chart.
Just a little high temp anti seize on the spark plug threads will keep them from getting stuck.
For more $ you can get Platinum tip, Silver tip, and Iridium plugs that have a wider heat range.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for all the info. The reason I asked was I just got the car and the engine doesn't look like it has been touched ever. I changed the plugs cap points and what not. And was wondering if it had the original plugs in it. Guess not tho since they were ngks that came out.

Last edited by Jamesrlong; 11-02-2015 at 05:03 AM..
Old 11-02-2015, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: