Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Andial 3.7L rebuild help. Cylinder to Case o-ring

Hi, can't find the part on Pelican store. Green o-ring in the case.

My case is bored to 107MM there is a 1.5MM (deep and wide) groove in the case. I measured the Oring at the un-worn section at 2mm thick (same digital caliper from home depot)

also, i dont have a groove on the bottom of the cylinder for that gasket.

can anyone help?

Last edited by pmajka; 09-15-2016 at 07:58 AM..
Old 09-14-2016, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
You wouldn't able to use a Porsche factory oring anyway. If you did, the oring would stretch and change the material diameter. This would probably result in the oring dislodging. Do you know the manufacturer of the cylinders? I would contact a supplier of those cylinders for the proper oring for that case.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 09-14-2016, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
You wouldn't able to use a Porsche factory oring anyway. If you did, the oring would stretch and change the material diameter. This would probably result in the oring dislodging. Do you know the manufacturer of the cylinders? I would contact a supplier of those cylinders for the proper oring for that case.
ANDIAL was bought out by PORSCHE and the website is down.

I have the old phone number at home, will call to see if it is still active.

cyliners are 102mmID, 107mmOD.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
You might want to give EBS Racing, Steve@Rennsport or Henry Schmidt of Supertec Performance a call. If it's a MAHLE cylinder, there should be a solution out there for you.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 09-15-2016, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmajka View Post
ANDIAL was bought out by PORSCHE and the website is down.

I have the old phone number at home, will call to see if it is still active.

cyliners are 102mmID, 107mmOD.
3.6 w/ 107mm cylinder base use a 2mm o-ring which is green in color, 999.707.152.40 x6 but the bore isn't grooved nor is the cylinder base.

3.8 w/ 109mm cylinder base use a 3.53mm o-ring which is black in color, 999.705.023.41 x6, on these the case is grooved but the cylinder is not.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: