Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ride Report - the Loop

Three riders, Motoyoyo, Bob and myself on Sunday with the intention of riding the Loop, Hwy33/Lockwood/Pine Mtn/166/Tepesquet/Foxen and home. Weather was nice, and cold going up the hill, but we hit some frost and ice on Lockwood Valley Rd so we decided to cut out the Pine Mtn portion figuring there would be more ice if not snow at that elevation. As usual, Tepesquet (paved all the way now) and Foxen Cyn were outstanding. We lunched with the Beautiful People in sunny Los Olivos and headed home. Nice ride. Moto, thanks for coming out for a ride. Since I can only aspire to keep photo records the likes of which Mr. Carlton produces, here is my only picture of the day:

Last edited by tm1100s; 01-09-2006 at 02:01 PM..
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
No Info on (t)his member

Garage
I was down there at the Fess Parker Hotel, back in '02 - nice riding and College Girls™, in that area... was right around that piktoor sumwhere's....

jeff
Old 01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Most excellent ride, Tony. Your buddy Bob was good company too. Even though we cut it short, I still put on almost 400 miles. It was a good call turning back from the Pine Mnt loop when we ran into ice. It might have been ok if we had Jeff Williams along to plow a path for us. Just as well though. I got home before dark, tired and happy...or was that rode hard and put away wet. Oh well, it was all good.

Man, that was the best sandwich I've had in ages in Los Olivos. Fresh sliced provolone, sliced grilled chicken and juicy sundried tomatoes with fresh basil on fresh baked focassia bread...wow, the beautiful people sure know how to eat well. Nice pic at the Pistachio store in New Cuyama.

'98 R1100S - Triple Clamps, 10mm Shortened Telelever
2007 S2R1000
Old 01-09-2006, 05:26 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old 01-09-2006, 05:26 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: