Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'01 Boxster windows don't retract when trying to open door

Hi folks - First post here. I have an '01 Boxster that I am only able to drive intermittently (months between turning it on). I usually keep it in the garage on a battery tender, and that's worked well for as long as I've owned it (4 years).

Today I went to turn it on, but neither window lowers when I lift the door handles. The battery seems to be charged, the dash lights up and the remote locks/unlocks the doors. When I put my ear near the door handle, I can hear a "click" as I lift the handle. It sounds like a solenoid or microswitch. I don't hear a motor attempting to turn.

There was an extended power outage in my area since I last turned on the car, so my best guess is the battery died during the outage and was recharged by the trickle charger after. I've seen several articles/posts on resetting the windows, etc., but how can I do that if I can't open the doors? I'm concerned that forcing a door open will damage the window.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! Take a look at the link below to a DIY tech article on our site that should help you get your door open. The second link should help address the window issue that you're having. Best of luck!

Porsche Boxster Door Lock Mechanism / Door Handle - 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article

Porsche Boxster Window Regulator Replacement / Window Switch Replacement / Window Motor Replacement - 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article
Old 09-11-2017, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: