Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luccia at Pelican Parts View Post
I've seen more than a few times where this issue has popped up so I wanted to share some part information with everyone. As you know, a lot of plastic components under the hood of MINI's can get brittle and break. Recently, I've seen more than a few individuals indicate that their R56 thermostat coolant temp sensor connector has broken, but there is no listed part number for that connector. From what I have found, the oil pressure connector is the SAME as the thermostat coolant temp sensor connector. The 2 pin plastic connector for the oil pressure connector is part number 12-52-7-542-850-BOE HERE, which is #13 on the image below:

This is what it looks like.

Along with that connector you will need 2 of these wires 61-13-0-005-199-M9 HERE. Image of one of them below. You will need to splice them into the wiring harness.

Hope this helps someone with this issue in the future. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi,

I know this thread is old, but could you tell me which wires should go in which port if the key side is facing towards you? There's a yellow wire and a white wire, and I don't want to cross them.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2018, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luccia at Pelican Parts View Post
I've seen more than a few times where this issue has popped up so I wanted to share some part information with everyone. As you know, a lot of plastic components under the hood of MINI's can get brittle and break. Recently, I've seen more than a few individuals indicate that their R56 thermostat coolant temp sensor connector has broken, but there is no listed part number for that connector. From what I have found, the oil pressure connector is the SAME as the thermostat coolant temp sensor connector. The 2 pin plastic connector for the oil pressure connector is part number 12-52-7-542-850-BOE HERE, which is #13 on the image below:

This is what it looks like.

Along with that connector you will need 2 of these wires 61-13-0-005-199-M9 HERE. Image of one of them below. You will need to splice them into the wiring harness.

Hope this helps someone with this issue in the future. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi,

I know this thread is old, but which wires go in which port if the key side is facing you? There's a yellow wire and a white one, and I don't want to cross them by accident.
Thanks!
Old 09-09-2018, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Administrator

I am not sure. Best bet is to look at how the old connector is hooked up and make sure to hook up the new connector the same way.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: