Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I agree, very annoying voice. Even my wife who couldn't care less about football was surprised to hear her, followed by a "she has an annoying voice" comment.

Luckily she isn't the regular commentator. I think she was just there because there was two games on for the opening MNF.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
I like to adjust the balance on my surrounds so I get the nat sound in the rears and announcers very low (or off) in fronts.

"...the secret to Porsche: we do things others cannot"
Old 09-12-2018, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by biosurfer1 View Post

Luckily she isn't the regular commentator. I think she was just there because there was two games on for the opening MNF.
Why were there 2 MNF games? Is that going to be a regular thing?

I couldn't hear anything over my 3 kids, anyway.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Been the standard opening week for a few years now. On earlier, one later.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Wow. ESPN turned the lady loose with an SEC Football game tonight.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I don't watch Monday night football, so I had to check out a video of hers on the net. I don't find her voice annoying at all, I'm not sure what the fuss is about.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Is someone going to give up her name or a link or something? You're killin me here...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 09-23-2018, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
Is that show still on?
Exactly what I was thinking, people still actually watch pro football?
Tim
Old 09-23-2018, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timchar View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, people still actually watch pro football?
Tim
People (such as myself) still do, and watch things that are politically incorrect, regardless of the huge Facebook backlash. Look forward to watching the Browns, and the Steelers every week, not concerned whatsoever with what people think.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URY914 View Post
Is someone going to give up her name or a link or something? You're killin me here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Mowins
Old 09-23-2018, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
People (such as myself) still do, and watch things that are politically incorrect, regardless of the huge Facebook backlash. Look forward to watching the Browns, and the Steelers every week, not concerned whatsoever with what people think.
The latest kneeling was one of many reasons I don’t watch. The over zealous celebrations after a guy catches a 10 yard pass my 85 yr old dad could have caught.
How about the brain injuries? Ever seen the X-ray of a 35 yr old guy that played center in pop warner, high school and college? Looks like a 70 yr old riddled with osteoarthritis.

Some football players could learn a lesson on class, grace and being humble from pro tennis players, Nadal and Federer.

I’m glad you are enjoying “your” sport. Today’s your day!
Tim
Old 09-23-2018, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
The problem with Ms. Mowins is that she seems to think an announcer needs to sound a certain way and, presumably though lots of practice, has developed a style that amounts to a veritable caricature of over-the-top sportscasting. A come-to-real-life Harry Doyle, if you will.

_

Last edited by Norm K; 09-23-2018 at 10:32 AM..
Old 09-23-2018, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:

Some football players could learn a lesson on class, grace and being humble from pro tennis players, Nadal and Federer.
And some tennis players, like Troicki and Shapovalov, could learn a lesson on class, grace and being humble from pro football players, Larry Fitzgerald and JJ Watt
Old 09-23-2018, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCadaddle View Post
I know her. She's been doing NCAA Women's Volleyball Final Four for years. And yes her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I can't image living with her and hearing that across the breakfast table.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Considering the recent stupidity related to Serena, maybe citing a sport other than tennis for your example of class would be more appropriate?
Old 09-23-2018, 11:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Run smooth, run fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm K View Post
The problem with Ms. Mowins is that she seems to think an announcer needs to sound a certain way and, presumably though lots of practice, has developed a style that amounts to a veritable caricature of over-the-top sportscasting.
Her affectations kinda remind me of some radio DJ's from the 60s-90s.

Close your eyes and imagine hearing, "Up next on the platter, we have the one and only... Curtis Mayfield and the Mighty Impressions..."

Sometimes I find her difficult to listen to and turn off the sound... other times, it doesn't bother me.

She's livin' her dream... I'm gonna let her have it and I'm not gonna complain about it.

Last edited by Heel n Toe; 09-24-2018 at 12:32 AM..
Old 09-24-2018, 12:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
The latest kneeling was one of many reasons I don’t watch. The over zealous celebrations after a guy catches a 10 yard pass my 85 yr old dad could have caught.
How about the brain injuries? Ever seen the X-ray of a 35 yr old guy that played center in pop warner, high school and college? Looks like a 70 yr old riddled with osteoarthritis.

I’m glad you are enjoying “your” sport. Today’s your day!
Tim
No guilt here, they choose that life, and I watch/cheer them. Many members of my extended family have played, and are playing high school/college football.

What exactly is "Your sport" ? You mentioned Tennis, so you agree with the way Serena handled herself ?

Last edited by ckelly78z; 09-24-2018 at 03:21 AM..
Old 09-24-2018, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Youtube link no work. NFL shut it down.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URY914 View Post
Youtube link no work. NFL shut it down.
No, just watch it on YouTube. Click where it says "watch on YouTube."
Old 09-24-2018, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
Considering the recent stupidity related to Serena, maybe citing a sport other than tennis for your example of class would be more appropriate?
...indeed, and it's never been a shining example in my lifetime....from country club brats, to McEnroe, Nasty (Illie?), and more racket slamming examples than I can recall .

Of course, they are the exception....just like in pro football. Don't give a rat's butt about the antics...I just like football...played at a level I just can't comprehend....better than ever
Old 09-24-2018, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: