Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
^^
Oh man, don't I know!
MrsWD has a slightly different approach.

"Are you ready to leave?"
"Yes, I just have to finish my hair and put on some makeup."
"So, no, you're not ready."
"Yes, no."
Old 12-15-2018, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I would break the internet with all the "why does she".
Old 12-15-2018, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I got nuthin'....have no clue
Old 12-15-2018, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
A Secret Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
A. Freaking. Men.

A story that really only has 3 pertinent facts somehow morphs into a 15 minutes saga, and includes details of an unrelated conversation she had in an elevator and a recipe for lasagna.
Exactly!

My wife is borderline brilliant at what she does but simply can't turn the corner to the finish line when relating a story.

Economics provides information about the world. It does not provide wisdom.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowbob View Post
...tell you where to turn AFTER passing the corner?
^^^ Game/set/match right there ! Just happened two days ago I'm driving and spousel unit in passenger seat as the GPS . We are going to grand sons school for a concert he's in . I have been to the school once she has been many times . And it's dark out . I know we're getting close but I'm concentrating on traffic conditions , suddenly as we PASS a turn off she says " that's where I turn " !!! So I said you wanted me to turn there ? She says no ????????!!!!!!!!! Well WTF does that mean ? Then she says we can turn up here which is the next turn ......... and we did ........... and it was the wrong turn I turn around and go back and turn at the first spot and find a parking spot . I turn the car off and I'm turning towards her to voice my frustration with her instructions and she says " I knew we'd get here " . I shut my mouth and got out . But we did enjoy the concert
Old 12-15-2018, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Asking "Are you sure this is the right way?" when we are driving somewhere. I rarely get lost. She however, is directionally challenged. Before GPS on her phone, I was always getting phone calls where I had to figure out where she was from her vague clues and then give directions to where she needed to go. Now I always bring up the map app on my phone just to reassure her, even if I have been there hundreds of times before.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
^^
Oh man, don't I know!
MrsWD has a slightly different approach.

"Are you ready to leave?"
"Yes, I just have to finish my hair and put on some makeup."
"So, no, you're not ready."
"Yes, no."
Yip!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 12-15-2018, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

This is my life story, I suck at looking for things. I sent this to my wofe and she laughed because it is true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 12-15-2018, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Had a completely different reply but thought better of posting it here....

OK, here is one I can ask you all to ponder.
Why does she put things away in random locations?
I need things to be put away in the same place for me to have any hope in finding it again...
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
She hates driving on freeways so we are always in the "designated lane".

Traffic slows or we are behind a big ass slow moving truck.
Me: "Why don't you move over and go around him?"
She: "This is my designated lane when I'm driving to (insert destination here)."

I guess you have all figured out I do most of the driving.

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
Old 12-15-2018, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

My wife has the entire kitchen organized around her workflows. She keeps the flour next to the sugar next to the mixing bowl she uses to make cookies next to the whisk she likes to use for cookies. This means that we have mixing bowls in 5 different locations. So if I'm cooking something, I can't simply look at all of the mixing bowls in one place or all of the spatulas in another place and decide which one is right for the job. No I have to search the entire kitchen every single time to find anything. And just when I think I know where something is, she decides to move it to a different location because it fits better with a different workflow.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 12-15-2018, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
WHY DOES SHE

Wipe down the countertop with Clorox wipes every 15-20 seconds throughout the day, but have 20 half-full cans of Diet Coke in her car?
1973 Honda CB350F
Old 12-15-2018, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Why read a text or email aloud that she is not reading to me.
2001 Jetta TDI dead
1982 Chevette Diesel SOLD
Old 12-15-2018, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowbob View Post
...tell you where to turn AFTER passing the corner?
Or "there is an empty parking spot!" after you pass it.

Wait until we are a couple blocks from the house to ask "are you going to wear that shirt?"
Old 12-15-2018, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Exactly!

My wife is borderline brilliant at what she does but simply can't turn the corner to the finish line when relating a story.

Most of us seem to have the same problem. This is an actual conversation with my wife yesterday....

My wife: "OMG. I was getting my hair done today and this lady did the funniest thing. You're gonna crack up! You know the girl I told you about with big dog like Tank. She came in today. Everybody was there. You know the lady who's husband also golfs. I think he plays in Ventura. I'm not sure which course, but you'd like him. I like her, and lady who owns the consignment store was there too." '--Now break to 15 minutes of blah blah blah blah--- "Want to see a movie tonight?"

Me: "Baby, what did the lady do that was so funny?"

Wife: "What lady?"

Volvo V60 - Daily Driver (I love it!)
997 Turbo - FVD Exhaust, GIAC Tune - 542 dyno hp on 93 oct
1972 Chevy K-10 Pick-Up Truck Hugger Orange
Old 12-15-2018, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Bingo!

My wife calls me to give her directions to different places. 🤪

She has a smartphone and navigation in her car!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Amaranto View Post
Asking "Are you sure this is the right way?" when we are driving somewhere. I rarely get lost. She however, is directionally challenged. Before GPS on her phone, I was always getting phone calls where I had to figure out where she was from her vague clues and then give directions to where she needed to go. Now I always bring up the map app on my phone just to reassure her, even if I have been there hundreds of times before.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

We have three exits from the highway to get to our place. One is usually packed every night at rush hour, it is the closes technically to the house but during rush hour is about 30 mins longer. She is determined to take that exit so when we are meeting at home from say our daughters school. I will easily beat her every time. She has the latest gps in her 2017 Audi so I’m not sure why she doesn’t foresee this or see the exit is backed up to i90 and think, oh I can take the next exit...
Old 12-15-2018, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Me: “Hey hon have you seen my keys (or whatever you’re looking for)”
Her: “Have you checked the by the front door? Have you checked in the kitchen? Did you leave them in the bathroom?” ...and on and on.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

"circumlocutions", brilliant!

me, smiling, nodding, silently wishing she would either shut up or get to the point, because I am ONLY listening to be nice". And yes, for "that" reason...........
Old 12-15-2018, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

... say it's time to leave then stop to chat with one hen, then another, and still another, moving toward the door (although occasionally it's actually in the opposite direction) at a pace that I swear would make a glacier look like Usain Bolt, until I finally tire of waiting in the parking lot and re-enter the building to retrieve her?

_
Old 12-15-2018, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: