Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Submitted for your approval....

Just for ****z and giggles:

Old 01-23-2019, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
A Secret Place

...and we're off!!!

The Inklings
Old 01-23-2019, 04:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

Ya know, like, I’m not sure, like, we should have, like, seen that, ya know? It was like, crazy fast, ya know? Afraid to share it, like maybe we could, like get, like in trouble, ya know?

Probably a friend flying an RC plane nearby. Like, ya know?
1954 BMW R25/3
Old 01-23-2019, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
...and we're off!!!
slow day at work
Old 01-23-2019, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A Secret Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysa View Post
slow day at work
I love it...I will not repost for the 3rd or 4th time but I have see UFO's in person.

Not ALIENS, just the bus they were riding in

The Inklings
Old 01-23-2019, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

a little more info

Old 01-23-2019, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
I love it...I will not repost for the 3rd or 4th time but I have see UFO's in person.

Not ALIENS, just the bus they were riding in
I thought it was more sports car than bus from the description, but then again they might have some really nice buses.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Whoa. Hard to determine the size.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Weather balloon
Old 01-23-2019, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I'm calling this a good fake based on one thing alone, and I could be wrong- "IT BANKS".

UFO's typically do not bank into or out of a turn, in fact they are known for bizarre 90 degree turns and outside of normal physics stuff associated with anti-gravity and time phase.

Some of the comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=254&v=cE-Yrv1-chI
Quote:
Blaine d
Blaine d
1 week ago
There is no Exif data in the file. I expected the original Raw footage with all metadata intact. Without that?
Quote:
lumique
2 days ago
So I watched this so called " raw footage " and it seems it has been speed upp at least by 2x you can tell because there is a bird at 3:30 flying extremly fast. And also you can find something hitting the camera at 2:07 if someone intrested.
Also the object seems to pass in front of the middle tree, but if thats true the object must be really small in size and also not casting any shadows.
conclusion: yes its a fake.
Someone else also noticed the banking thing.

Quote:
Kames Nek
Kames Nek
19 hours ago
Sorry...this is not a UFO. UFOs do not bank, which clearly illustrates that this bogey was using aerodynamics to create lift. Real UFOs travel at right angles. I know, I have seen them in the military.
My conclusion, if this is not CGI fakeness, then we have a man made object of some kind, not an off-world. I'm calling it CGI.
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 01-23-2019 at 07:31 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Thread Killer

Old 01-23-2019, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Was it a RedUFO?
Old 01-23-2019, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Leadfoot Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
...but I have see UFO's in person.
So have countless others. Since the dawn of humankind, how many have seen things in the sky that they couldn't readily identify? Remember, UFO means Unidentified Flying Object...not Extraterrestrial Spaceship. I think it's a bit silly for us to assume that any mysterious thing we see in the sky might be controlled by an otherworldly intelligence. I seriously doubt that, from our infinitesimally-small outpost in the universe, we've witnessed all the natural phenomena exhibited by the cosmos and can say with any authority that some unidentifiable light in the sky must be controlled by an ET.

Last edited by rcooled; 01-23-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-23-2019, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Sept 2018
What is behind the decline in UFO sightings?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/21/what-is-behind-the-decline-in-ufo-sightings
Quote:
This month, the two major online sites for reporting UFOs – the National UFO Reporting Center and the Mutual UFO Network – both documented steep drops in worldwide sightings. The declines started around 2014, when reports were at a peak. They have since reduced drastically to 55% of that year’s combined total, many UFO interest groups have folded, and numerous previously classified government documents have been disclosed.
Video in link:
Dec. 16, 2017
Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html
Quote:
WASHINGTON — In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

For years, the program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, according to Defense Department officials, interviews with program participants and records obtained by The New York Times. It was run by a military intelligence official, Luis Elizondo, on the fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, deep within the building’s maze.....................

Officials with the program have also studied videos of encounters between unknown objects and American military aircraft — including one released in August of a whitish oval object, about the size of a commercial plane, chased by two Navy F/A-18F fighter jets from the aircraft carrier Nimitz off the coast of San Diego in 2004......................

Contracts obtained by The Times show a congressional appropriation of just under $22 million beginning in late 2008 through 2011. The money was used for management of the program, research and assessments of the threat posed by the objects.

The funding went to Mr. Bigelow’s company, Bigelow Aerospace, which hired subcontractors and solicited research for the program.

Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft.

Quote:
Robert Bigelow, a billionaire entrepreneur and longtime friend of Mr. Reid, received most of the money allocated for the Pentagon program. On CBS’s “60 Minutes” in May, Mr. Bigelow said he was “absolutely convinced” that aliens exist and that U.F.O.s have visited Earth.CreditIsaac Brekken for The New York Times
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 01-23-2019 at 02:33 PM..
Old 01-23-2019, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
A Secret Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooled View Post
So have countless others. Since the dawn of humankind, how many have seen things in the sky that they couldn't readily identify? Remember, UFO means Unidentified Flying Object...not Extraterrestrial Spaceship. I think it's a bit silly for us to assume that any mysterious thing we see in the sky might be controlled by an otherworldly intelligence. I seriously doubt that, from our infinitesimally-small outpost in the universe, we've witnessed all the natural phenomena exhibited by the cosmos and can say with any authority that some unidentifiable light in the sky must be controlled by an ET.
Gotcha. Thanks for sharing.

I'll stand pat. Best.

The Inklings
Old 01-23-2019, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
was it a redufo?
lol
"Keep your eye on one thing and one thing only: how much government is spending, because thatís the true tax ... If youíre not paying for it in the form of explicit taxes, youíre paying for it indirectly in the form of inflation or in the form of borrowing."
Milton Friedman
Old 01-23-2019, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Weather balloon
Two African swallows carrying a coconut!
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 01-23-2019, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Looked an awful lot like a personal drone to me
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Weather balloon
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket, and refracted light from Venus.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
unindicted co-conspirator

The fact that did bank in the turn makes me think it’s an experimental aircraft
Albeit a damn fast one
Old 01-23-2019, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: