Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
The fact that did bank in the turn makes me think it’s an experimental aircraft
Albeit a damn fast one
The right hand turn it did at those speeds is impossible, but I guess one could keep the dream alive by connecting some dots.

U.S. Air Force Is Planning Something Big in the Nevada Desert
The U.S. Air Force is Planning Something Big Out in the Nevada Desert - The Drive
Quote:
Unusually worded, multi-billion dollar drone services contract possibly points to a new, shadowy unmanned aircraft—and a lot of them.
By Joseph TrevithickApril 10, 2017

.............Still, the details we know of URS Federal Services' contract point to work on an entire operational concept based around something more like a more numerous UCAV fleet than a handful of "silver bullet" pilotless spy aircraft and suggests that these aircraft already exist. There's no indication of weapon system research and development or procurement money involved in this "services" contract.
Follow the money.

Quote:
There’s a lot to unpack here, so let’s start right at the top. This contract with URS Federal Services is worth $3.6 billion, but the program, whatever it is, isn’t expected to end until the spring of 2034. That’s 17 years for those keeping score. The math works out to more than $210 million per year, on average, over that period or $17.5 million every month.

That's a big price tag for services. In 2013, the RAND Corporation estimated that it cost $435 million a year for the Air Force's 20th Fighter Wing at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina to operate three squadrons of F-16C/D Vipers. This calculation included everything associated with flying the fighter jets, such as pay checks for military personnel and supporting contractors, fuel, depot-level repairs, as well as indirect support from the Wing's other elements, including security forces guarding the flight line, civil engineers maintaining facilities, and basic utilities and supplies, such as electricity in the barracks and food in the chow halls. A similar analysis of the 187th Fighter Wing, a unit in the Alabama Air National Guard with just one squadron of Vipers, produced a final price tag of just $63.6 million.

In short, the URS Federal Services' contract could potentially cover the full costs of running multiple squadrons of pilotless planes for nearly two decades................

"We're modernizing the Air Force, so you'll see in the future new aircraft here on the ramps," then Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter said during a visit to Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada in September 2016. "Then there are other things you also won't see, because we like to have some surprises, also, for potential adversaries." .......................

These comments were squarely in line with the Pentagon's much-touted Third Offset Strategy, a high-technology master plan to push development of revolutionary weapons and associated systems to counter rapidly modernizing near peers.
February 15, 2016
What is the Third Offset Strategy?
https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2016/02/16/what_is_the_third_offset_strategy_109034.html
Quote:
The third offset investments fall into six targeted areas: anti-access and area-denial, guided munitions, undersea warfare, cyber and electronic warfare, human-machine teaming, and wargaming and development of new operating concepts. Much of it is weighted toward the Air Force and Navy.

So what are the specifics of the Third Offset strategy in next year’s budget? There is a combination of small new-start research programs, “black” work in the classified world, and significant accelerations of existing developmental programs. The total investment in this new strategy is $18 billion over five years, with over $3.5 billion being spent in 2017. Over $6 billion of all money shifted to the third offset will be spent on classified programs................
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 01-24-2019 at 07:57 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Albeit a damn fast one
I believe I heard in one of the interviews that the valley it was first seen in was just over 3 miles away (via google maps)...gets on top of them pretty quick.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I don't think even a wall or a space force will suffice....

We gotta be domed
Old 01-24-2019, 04:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
We gotta be domed
So, you're saying a wall is not enough...
Old 01-24-2019, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

If you squint your eyes just right, Nessie asks for three fiddy.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
It is just another Unicorn flying by. Why, back in the day before color TV we played outside all the time. Unicorns few past all the time.

It is just another blurry video of something unidentified. The very definition of a UFO, unidentified. When the Stealth fighter was being developed there were many UFO out in the west. Same with the SR-71 and stealth bomber and many other aircraft.

The only thing that is certain, it is NOT an extraterrestrial.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 01-24-2019, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
It is just another Unicorn flying by. Why, back in the day before color TV we played outside all the time. Unicorns few past all the time.

It is just another blurry video of something unidentified. The very definition of a UFO, unidentified. When the Stealth fighter was being developed there were many UFO out in the west. Same with the SR-71 and stealth bomber and many other aircraft.

The only thing that is certain, it is NOT an extraterrestrial.
Could be something from the Rand Corporation, but my bet is CGI - look for the simplest explanation.

The RAND Corporation and UFOs
A Visit With a Person of High Strangeness The RAND Corporation and UFOs

Exopolitics Secret History of RAND Corporation in Reverse Engineering Antigravity UFOs

Sep 23, 2016
https://conspiracydailyupdate.com/2016/09/23/exopolitics-secret-history-of-rand-corporation-in-reverse-engineering-antigravity-ufos/
Quote:
The RAND Corporation traces its origins to a research and development project created inside the Douglas Aircraft Company to study UFOs secretly retrieved by the U.S. military after the February 1942 Los Angeles Air Raid incident, according to former Douglas Aircraft employee, William Tompkins. Tompkins further reveals that in 1943 he began delivering briefing documents from a covert Navy espionage program, which had learned about antigravity craft created by Nazi Germany, to the Douglas research and development project that later evolved into the RAND Corporation.
George, Architect
Old 01-24-2019, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
I'm calling this a good fake based on one thing alone, and I could be wrong- "IT BANKS".

UFO's typically do not bank into or out of a turn, in fact they are known for bizarre 90 degree turns and outside of normal physics stuff associated with anti-gravity and time phase.

Some of the comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=254&v=cE-Yrv1-chI

Someone else also noticed the banking thing.

My conclusion, if this is not CGI fakeness, then we have a man made object of some kind, not an off-world. I'm calling it CGI.
So it is a fake UFO because it banks? There have been many sightings of UFOs that bank. It may be CGI or sped up film. If the film is sped up it is still a UFO.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Pretty sure I spotted Sigourney Weaver flippin the bird.

Carrera '85
Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Two summers ago three of us saw a satellite in the sky but then it started doing S turns. I couldn't see it well enough to know if it was banking or not but it was certainly unidentified.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
A few years ago an evening of star gazing out in the country turned into an evening of satellite tracking.

No UFO's though.
George, Architect
Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
So, you're saying a wall is not enough...
Not even slats.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
So it is a fake UFO because it banks? There have been many sightings of UFOs that bank. It may be CGI or sped up film. If the film is sped up it is still a UFO.
When a professional in the film industry says he's posting up a raw file and it's not, it's either a mistake or fraud.

When a professional in the film industry says it's not sped up and it is, that is called a hoax.

I'm raising the bar because of the so-called credentials of this group.

This is all too reminiscent of other film makers posting on Youtube to promote their CGI skills. Success is measured by how many people are fooled. It gets old after a while.

The glowing orbs do all sorts of cursive aerial acrobatics, but how can you tell when a sphere is banking?

Jul 19, 2018
When a U.S. Fighter Pilot Got into a Dogfight with a UFO
https://www.history.com/news/ufo-dogfight-gorman-us-plane-fargo
Quote:
“It was about six to eight inches in diameter, clear white and completely without fuzz at the edges,” he said of the object in his report. “It was blinking on and off. As I approached, however, the light suddenly became steady and pulled into a sharp left bank.

Quote:
George Gorman's depictions of his UFO encounter.

The Project Blue Book Archive/The United States Air Force
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 01-24-2019 at 01:28 PM..
Old 01-24-2019, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

it is very unusual to see an alien space craft banking.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Old 01-24-2019, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
https://www.amazon.com/Preliminary-Design-Experimental-World-Circling-Spaceship/dp/0833026720

Preliminary Design of an Experimental World-Circling Spaceship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preliminary_Design_of_an_Experimental_World-Circling_Spaceship
Quote:
The Preliminary Design of an Experimental World-Circling Spaceship was a 1946 proposal by Project RAND for a United States satellite program. Robert M. Salter, Jack Lipp and one other person at RAND served as the editors of the report.[1]

The Preliminary Design of an Experimental World-Circling Spaceship states, "A satellite vehicle with appropriate instrumentation can be expected to be one of the most potent scientific tools of the Twentieth Century. The achievement of a satellite craft would produce repercussions comparable to the explosion of the atomic bomb..."

PROJECT 1947: The RAND World-Circling Spaceship

Quote:
RAND's advanced rocket engineering concepts were attractive to Project SIGN, the Air Force's UFO analysis activity at Wright Field, which by the middle of 1948 was leaning toward the idea that some "flying disc" reports might represent actual extraterrestrial spacecraft. On July 21, 1948, evidently based on the interests of Maj Gen Charles Cabell, Director of Intelligence, Air Corps [sic] Letter 80-10 requested RAND to "present information that would serve to evaluate the remote possibility that some of the observed objects may be space ships or satellite vehicles." RAND's James Lipp began to consider propulsion technology for UFOs based on extrapolations of the work done on the World-Circling Spaceship study.
Rand Corporation UFO Research Document - 1968

Futuristic Airbus design mimics antigravity UFO
Dr Michael Salla / November 18, 2014
https://michaelsalla.com/2014/11/18/futuristic-airbus-design-mimics-antigravity-ufo/

Quote:
The present invention proposes an aircraft wherein the structure delimiting passenger cabin extends over 360 degrees around a space defined outside structure. The invention allows structure to be more resistant to loads induced by the cabin pressurization, while allowing to reduce or even to avoid the need for a sealed bottom ….
Sealed bottom?

No floor?

Quote:
Classified antigravity technologies have been secretly developed by military-corporate entities, but kept from the public realm for over six decades. It was revealed in 1992, for example, that the B-2 Bomber used electrostatic charges on its leading wings and exhaust. According to aerospace experts, this was confirmation that the B-2 used electrogravitic principles based on the Biefeld-Brown Effect. The Biefeld-Brown Effect is based on the research of Thomas Townsend Brown who in 1928 gained a patent for his practical application of how high voltage electrostatic charges can reduce the weight of objects. The B-2 bomber employs sufficiently high voltages to significantly reduce its weight. This enables the B-2 and other classified antigravity vehicles to display flight characteristics that appear to defy conventional laws of physics.

Biefeld–Brown effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biefeld%E2%80%93Brown_effect
Quote:
In his 1960 patent titled "Electrokinetic Apparatus," Brown refers to electrokinesis to describe the Biefeld–Brown effect, linking the phenomenon to the field of electrohydrodynamics (EHD).[1][2] Brown also believed the Biefeld–Brown effect could produce an anti-gravity force, referred to as "electrogravitics" based on it being an electricity/gravity phenomenon.[6][7] However, there is little evidence that supports Brown's claim on the effect's anti-gravity properties.[8]
Biefeld-Brown Effect and the Physics of a New Theory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCnX-7dRqJ0

http://www.alienscientist.com/brown.html

George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 01-24-2019 at 04:10 PM..
Old 01-24-2019, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
For me there is nothing in the video to compare the speed just their word on the video speed. It's also kinda shaped like on of the early Parrot drones of that time.

In HS, friend and I made a UFO out of a frisbee and some other stuff including a styrofoam ball that we made glow. Covered it with aluminum foil so It was a silver disc with a glowing whitish green dome on top and red flashing lights around it. Used fishing line to send it across roads as cars approached at night. At one point we rigged it up to launch pop bottle rockets from it towards the cars. Thought is was hilarious to see cars slam on their brakes, whip em around, and go back the way they came. Took a picture of it and got it in a local newspaper. It was when Dr. Hynek's UFO books had just come out.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 01-24-2019 at 07:27 PM..
Old 01-24-2019, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
It's also kinda shaped like on of the early Parrot drones of that time......
I just got though looking those up, and do not see a strong relationship.

Maybe if wings removed semi-lifting body shaped electrokinesis driven drone it could be a multi-generational development of Tacit Blue. But that's really a huge stretch.

Northrop Tacit Blue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Tacit_Blue
George, Architect
Old 01-25-2019, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
A Secret Place

There are hobby aircraft out there that would blow your mind. The availability of small turbines, 6 axis auto pilots on a chip, materials etc. have enabled a revolution in small aircraft.

Submitted for your consideration:

The Inklings

Last edited by Seahawk; 01-25-2019 at 11:10 AM..
Old 01-25-2019, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
When a professional in the film industry says he's posting up a raw file and it's not, it's either a mistake or fraud.

When a professional in the film industry says it's not sped up and it is, that is called a hoax.

I'm raising the bar because of the so-called credentials of this group.

This is all too reminiscent of other film makers posting on Youtube to promote their CGI skills. Success is measured by how many people are fooled. It gets old after a while.

The glowing orbs do all sorts of cursive aerial acrobatics, but how can you tell when a sphere is banking?

Jul 19, 2018
When a U.S. Fighter Pilot Got into a Dogfight with a UFO
https://www.history.com/news/ufo-dogfight-gorman-us-plane-fargo

You said if it banks it is fake. I said if it is an object flying and the film is sped up, it could be a DJI or any other brand drone, or an RC craft like Paul posted, but you can't see it well enough to identify it, hence it is UNidentified.

Paul, I saw the video of the little ducted fan unit record run. Something like 141mph on a small battery ducted fan and the whole craft wasn't much bigger than 8 or 10 inch wingspan.

The gyros are awesome to help keep the little things stable in gusty winds.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: