Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Bland

Garage
is it time for a rousing discussion of deer v. car crashes?
Old 06-28-2019, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Douglas View Post
That is acutually illegal where I live. You can gas 'em with gopher bombs but not car exhaust, go figure.
My Honda's run so clean it would take days of running the engine to get enough CO into the system of holes to kill 'em anyways.
I have been known to hook up my edger engine to pump some fumes down the holes, but don't tell anyone that. It wasn't as effective as the gum has proven to be.
It would more likely by the lack of oxygen and the fact that the 2 carbons oxide are heavy gas displacing the O2.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
It would more likely by the lack of oxygen and the fact that the 2 carbons oxide are heavy gas displacing the O2.
Yep, oxygen is near zero in exhaust gas.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 07-02-2019, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoflo View Post
Get over it -- its some plants -- wtf is a lawn anyway -- sorry but we are the problem not them
When I'm trying to grow food for myself and they are destroying it - they are the problem.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Check with the ODNR. You might be able to get a nuisance permit. I know farmers can get a permit for crop damage but I'm not sure about homeowners.
Oh.. and yeah those are walking deer tracks for anyone questioning whether they're deer tracks or not.
For control I recommend a crossbow or compound bow. Very quiet.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

I see you

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
Check with the ODNR. You might be able to get a nuisance permit. I know farmers can get a permit for crop damage but I'm not sure about homeowners.
I would be up all night, every night shooting the damn things. Deer carcasses would pile up like cord wood. I think I said earlier that I've had luck with repellents, but I didn't think to spray the corn.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoflo View Post
Get over it -- its some plants -- wtf is a lawn anyway -- sorry but we are the problem not them
Sorry, they are overpopulated rats. They come in my yard, they are going in the freezer. Too many for me to eat or give to friends, and they would become vulture food.

No more thought than stepping on a cockroach. Do you kill them - they were here first?
Old 07-02-2019, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Call me in the fall. I'll help thin them out. It won't do your sweet corn any good now... but when you're eating deer jerky and summer sausage you can have the last laugh.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Old 07-02-2019, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: