Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered Cruiser

We are past the point of no return. If'n you don't have a sign language guy, you'll likely not survive the hew and cry. Our local TV station has a guy that is VERY enthusiastic. Entertaining but ultimately distracting...

While we're on the topic of of new norms, Canadians now have a Thank First Nations protocol to observe. We have to find out who's ancestral territory we're in and thank them for allowing us to congregate on their ancestral lands. This has increasingly become the norm for conferences, concerts, plays, sports events etc. My sister's kid had a school play performance (pre-virus) and the local Indian Band (none of whom were present) were thanked profusely. Not only that, about a dozen members of the high school class sang a First Nations anthem. It was over 5 minutes long and consisted mostly of hoots, yelling and banging on a animal skin drum. Me thinks it is too much.

I have never really completely understood anything.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Information Overloader

Who do the 'First' Nations thank?
Old 04-13-2020, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

A friend of mine is part of a local “band.” He and his friends always chuckle at the gringos falling all over themselves trying to be PC. He calls himself an Indian. Sometimes when he wants to church it up he calls himself native.

I have never really completely understood anything.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Watching the news tonight. A 'signer' on almost every news announcement.

How do 'signers' express a persons name??

Since 1993, it's been law that any tv sold has to have closed captioning available.

Old 11-12-2020, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: