Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Unregistered

Gargantuan,
I always liked that word, but so rarely get the chance to use it in a sentence.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Band

Garage
ok, "No red lines or joint pain" - that's good

you can always go see an MD instead of getting internet comments.... but:

- don't know your location so dunno if you are in chigger range - usually you'd have dozens or hundreds of smaller welts if chiggers

chiggers are the larvae of tiny mites and as they worm their way out of your body, that causes the itching - yes, they burrow thru your tissues, but eventually have a yearning to breathe free

back in the old days in the swamp, we used to bathe in kerosene if we got chiggers

anyway, use a topical on the area for now, and if it gets worse you know to just pay your co-pay and let somebody look at it up close & personal
Old 08-11-2020, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

It seems silly though to see a doc for bug bite. Maybe if it gets worse. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Thread Killer

Old 08-12-2020, 12:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Looks like spider. I had a brown recluse bite my forehead while asleep. I noticed a few very small but similar blisters like yours. By the evening, I felt like a horn was about to pop out. I ignored it thinking it was something a bad rash or simple bug bite. The next day, those dots or very smaller blisters has connected and a small depression had developed and fluid started leaking from it. Still, did nothing. By night fall, the depression has grown and connected the three dots. Now decay started to set it. All this time, the area was very hot. I noticed my upper body was very sore especially my glands under my face. They were puffy swollen and a bit hurt to touch. so I looked it up on the net and the wound were exactly like the photos. Only my symptoms were not severe as described. It affects people differently. According to what I read, if no high fever or any severe body aches, healing process will begin in 2-3 days. It scared up in about 7-9 days. The scar took about two months for it to completely go away. Good luck, I would want to pop that thing. That's just me.

Last edited by look 171; 08-12-2020 at 01:26 AM..
Old 08-12-2020, 01:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Brown recluse got me

Here's. If it looks like that by tomorrow, go see your doc.

BTW, I killed that lil' fooker a couple days later. We don't have too much bugs inside the house.

Last edited by look 171; 08-12-2020 at 01:29 AM..
Old 08-12-2020, 01:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Do you have centipedes?
14 535i M Sport
Old 08-12-2020, 01:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Besides red lines, if you see a bullseye rash get to the doc quick.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

I also thought poison ivy, but it usually takes a couple of days for the blisters to appear. At least with me.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

I have plenty of experience with poison ivy.

I'm pretty sure you now have experience as well.

Good luck.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

Ok now I’m freaked out. The bite has gotten bigger and looks like fluid filled wart. I’m still feeling ok though.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered

Use this https://www.healthline.com/health/calamine-lotion-uses#shingles
Old 08-12-2020, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Were you wearing a shirt when you suspect you were bitten. It is unusual to get a fiddle back bite outdoors in the open. They are also called brown recluse spiders and usually hide in stacks of old clothes or in secluded areas. They don't like much action or sunshine.

If you were cleaning up an area with stacks of old stuff that has not been moved for a while, it would make sense.

Chigger bites usually just make an itchy red spot, and don't blister. They suck a lot.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-12-2020, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
credulous Boomer rube

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantdrv55 View Post
Ok now Iím freaked out. The bite has gotten bigger and looks like fluid filled wart. Iím still feeling ok though.
Time to go see a doctor. I would not procrastinate. No idea what may have bitten you. Probably some type of spider. But getting bigger is not good.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered

Brown recluse don't usually blister.

I have been bitten twice by a brown recluse. Neither itched. Once on the meat of my thumb. I saw the little bastard so I got immediate treatment. The second one was on the backside of my thigh so I didn't know I had been bitten until it became a nasty hole and was hot area . They had to cut away about a quarter inch of dead meat. Still have a scar.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Registered

Calm down guys - that's no bite.

Contact dermatitis - AKA poison ivy (Maybe poison oak, or fig, or something similar).

No big deal in small doses. It sucks if you get it in your eyes or on your private parts.

I have gotten that numerous times each summer since I was a teen. No mistaking it.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porchdog View Post
Calm down guys - that's no bite.

Contact dermatitis - AKA poison ivy (Maybe poison oak, or fig, or something similar).

No big deal in small doses. It sucks if you get it in your eyes or on your private parts.

I have gotten that numerous times each summer since I was a teen. No mistaking it.
I am still leaning in that direction. He said he had it on both love handles. He gets it on his hands. Reaches down to hitch up his pants and transfers the oil to the pants/skin.

My little sister just got over a case of poison ivy. She calls me about a rash and if it could be poison ivy. So I go to see her. Yep, looks like it. Ask her if she had been in the woods. No, but she had been weeding the shrubs around her house. (New home they had just bought). So she takes me out to an area where there was some "English ivy". Actually, poison ivy that she was watering and cultivating...

If it is poison ivy he needs to wash the clothes he was wearing and scrub up after touching the contaminated clothing. .
Old 08-12-2020, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Registered

My wife constantly gets it when she weeds around the house - she refuses to wear gloves.

It's not unusual to not get it on the palms, inside of the fingers - tougher skin is more resistant.

If you think you have been exposed your best bet is to rinse with cold water, no soap. Warm water and soap help the oil to "soak in".

I'm extremely sensitive to the stuff and I can spot it right away.

Calomine is the traditional treatment - it doesn't do much for me. There are some OTC remedies that seem to help with the itch and shortening duration - There will be a dozen or so at the pharmacy.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Unregistered

Little Johnny: Dad, is Rotterdam a bad word?

Dad: No son, Rotterdam is not a bad word.

Johnny: Good, because my teacher got poison ivy and I hope it'll rotterdam arm off.

That one was old when I was a kid. Gotta love the classics.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Some family friends decided they wanted to cut up a downed tree in the back of the property as fire wood. So they all pitched in, and spent the day making firewood piles of the dead tree. That evening they all started getting covered in rashes and blisters. The dad had to be hospitalized, and the rest of the family all suffered for weeks.

Then of course, they realized they could never burn that huge pile of firewood, and they sure did not want to touch it or go near it. In the end they spent a huge sum to pay some professionals to use a bulldozer to push it to the far corner of the lot to rot away. No one would go near it. They did hire some pros to come spray the stuff to start to kill it off.

1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: