Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Go to the md. Do not fk around wt stuff like this. You might be very sorry if you dont.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Registered

Come on Tabs.

It's a very minor dose of poison ivy. I have been to the doctor for major doses - frankly, the steroids weren't much help.

This isn't life threatening or life changing stuff. It's a rash. It itches. It will be better in a couple of days.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porchdog View Post
Come on Tabs.

It's a very minor dose of poison ivy. I have been to the doctor for major doses - frankly, the steroids weren't much help.

This isn't life threatening or life changing stuff. It's a rash. It itches. It will be better in a couple of days.
As a kid I was always playing in the woods and would get it really bad. I would get a specialized cream by prescription that would help. It was a tiny silver colored tube. Parents finally got me some type of shot that seemed to help minimize the case.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
As a kid I was always playing in the woods and would get it really bad. I would get a specialized cream by prescription that would help. It was a tiny silver colored tube. Parents finally got me some type of shot that seemed to help minimize the case.
Is that the stuff that comes with a little comb in the box?
Old 08-12-2020, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Registered

If you want a bad hurt then walk through a bull nettle plant. Apparently I walked through one when spotting a downed dove. Blue Jean's didn't stop the stick. Damn, butt kicking. Dozens of welts
Old 08-12-2020, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Is that the stuff that comes with a little comb in the box?
No comb.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Unregistered

No comb, so you used lighter fluid and an ice pick then?

Quote:
Anonymous
1 decade ago
Favorite Answer
Ok, you need a razor blade, some lighter fluid, a match and an ice pick.

1st shave off half your hair, soak the other half with lighter fluid and light it, when the crabs run to the half that's shaved and not burning stab them with the ice pick.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006032604143

OK I'm done. surry.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
throw some tiger balm on that stuff and move on.

i feel worse for the bug!
Old 08-12-2020, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Registered

Lol
Old 08-12-2020, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Danned

Garage
1. you would be surprised at the minor things that MDs see Pts. for

2. P. ivy/oak normally leaves a swath of rash, not pinpoints

3. center of the pustule suggests bite

4. if it gets worse or you are worried, then go in; if not worse slather some topical on it and drink a bottle of scotch
Old 08-12-2020, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
I see you

When my now ex gf got poison ivy on her butt I knew it was time to move on.

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 08-12-2020, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage

Something like this?
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-13-2020, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
I am still leaning in that direction. He said he had it on both love handles. He gets it on his hands. Reaches down to hitch up his pants and transfers the oil to the pants/skin.

My little sister just got over a case of poison ivy. She calls me about a rash and if it could be poison ivy. So I go to see her. Yep, looks like it. Ask her if she had been in the woods. No, but she had been weeding the shrubs around her house. (New home they had just bought). So she takes me out to an area where there was some "English ivy". Actually, poison ivy that she was watering and cultivating...

If it is poison ivy he needs to wash the clothes he was wearing and scrub up after touching the contaminated clothing. .
Wow! There's a lesson. I suspect she won't make that mistake again.

Many years ago, we started getting it in our back yard, mostly around the edges near the fence. I suspect birds were pooping seeds out while perched on the fence. I would get it from time to time, probably from weed eating. It took a while before I realized what it was because my reaction was super mild initially so I wasn't concerned, worried or trying to figure out what was causing it. My reaction eventually got worse and I eventually found the culprit. I was then vigilant.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 08-13-2020, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
Some family friends decided they wanted to cut up a downed tree in the back of the property as fire wood. So they all pitched in, and spent the day making firewood piles of the dead tree. That evening they all started getting covered in rashes and blisters. The dad had to be hospitalized, and the rest of the family all suffered for weeks.

Then of course, they realized they could never burn that huge pile of firewood, and they sure did not want to touch it or go near it. In the end they spent a huge sum to pay some professionals to use a bulldozer to push it to the far corner of the lot to rot away. No one would go near it. They did hire some pros to come spray the stuff to start to kill it off.
It's my understanding that even old, dead poison ivy can still be an issue.

That story sucks.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post

Something like this?
Effe that. The only way that my foot/ankle is sitting still there with that spider on it long enough to take the picture is if it's been mechanically removed.

If not, then my legs would likely look like I was doing the River Dance, and the spider would probably be in orbit.

I suppose it's possible that I could shed my foot like a lizard sheds it's tail too.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
Effe that. The only way that my foot/ankle is sitting still there with that spider on it long enough to take the picture is if it's been mechanically removed.

If not, then my legs would likely look like I was doing the River Dance, and the spider would probably be in orbit.

I suppose it's possible that I could shed my foot like a lizard sheds it's tail too.
I used to play with spiders as a kid, caught black widows and sold them to a local lab for 25 cents each.

But then in 1986 ...... I watched faces of death, a gross movie with one scene of a huuuuuuuuuge spider that was so big, it would catch sparrows in it's web and eat them.
That night I had a nightmare of one of them spiders on my face and I was paralyzed.
I woke up on the floor in a panic and have been totally freaked out by spiders since.
Nasty little things.

Disclaimer: this film is intentionally gross, disgusting, disturbing. do not watch.
ff to 10:50

Last edited by sammyg2; 08-13-2020 at 01:39 PM..
Old 08-13-2020, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Danned

Garage
put some ointment on it and watch "Aliens"
Old 08-13-2020, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
I was out working in the woods and now I have a couple of itchy spots on my love handles. Bites or poison?
Sorry about the bad photo, it's hard to take a picture of your own love handle with an iPhone.

Old 08-13-2020, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Registered

Well?
Old 08-19-2020, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Still here

Garage
Sea lice

Old 08-19-2020, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: