Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Not gonna buff out.

Dak Prescott injury.

Reminiscent of Theisman.

Donít watch if you have a weak stomach.

Very likely a career ender and Iím pretty sure he knew that as they were carting him off field.

Feel bad for the guy.

https://youtu.be/fwhPS8TCO50

Old 10-11-2020, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Definitely looking at a long recovery, but may not be a career ender. Depending on the fracture, he might get away with a minimal fixation (plate/screws), and then aggressive PT after healing.
Scary when you see you foot flopping around like that though (BTDT).
Old 10-11-2020, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
Damn...
Old 10-11-2020, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Happened to me in college, why I lost my baseball ride.

I was hit by a car, tib and fib fractured, foot broken, same flopping around that Dak went through.

I’ll post a pic of my leg/ankle, 40 plus year after my accident, tomorrow. Actually pretty cool.

He will make it back in two years. I think he is a fine young man, his caring for his Mother is key, that has the heart for what comes next.

Not easy, doable. I’m certain he can. I’m pulling for him..

ďHe has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Ė Winston Churchill

Last edited by Seahawk; 10-11-2020 at 06:45 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Alex Smith played for the first time today after his compound fracture and flesh eating bacteria disaster. Hereís hoping Dak makes a recovery.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Also, Iím no doctor but that looks like an ankle dislocation.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Bone poking out the skin is not good. He always seemed like a good person as well, does a lot off the field.

I was going to post about Alex Smith as well, good to see him play.

Not a Cowboys fan at all but sending him positive vibes.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
The Giant who hit him was pointing to the ankle right after so he knew what happened.

I think it's hard to know what happens medically just by what's on the video.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
The Giant who hit him was pointing to the ankle right after so he knew what happened.

I think it's hard to know what happens medically just by what's on the video.
If you remember when LT hit Theisman and shattered his leg he jumped up right away yelling for the medical staff because he knew it was bad.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
King Broinyo

I've been dealing with a psoriatic arthritis flare up all week. Both ankles. Can imagine the pain hes feeling. No bueno...
Old 10-11-2020, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Guess it was a compound fracture and an ankle dislocation. Yikes.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
There was a horrible picture on the Front Page of the paper of Kevin Murray breaking his ankle in the Texas A&M vs. Arkansas games in 1984. I was on the field video taping when it went down.

I was also racked by the kickoff ball as it bounced out of the end zone.

Memorable game...
Old 10-11-2020, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
I see you

I broke my shin playing Rugby and the pain took my breath away. How he stayed so cool after that is very impressive to me. Speedy recovery!!

ďThere is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.Ē
Old 10-12-2020, 03:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Fark! Ow, ow, ow!!
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 10-12-2020, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Okay - from what I glanced at in writing above - I have ZERO interest in video or pics!

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 10-12-2020, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Happened to me in college, why I lost my baseball ride.

I was hit by a car, tib and fib fractured, foot broken, same flopping around that Dak went through.

Iíll post a pic of my leg/ankle, 40 plus year after my accident, tomorrow. Actually pretty cool.

He will make it back in two years. I think he is a fine young man, his caring for his Mother is key, that has the heart for what comes next.

Not easy, doable. Iím certain he can. Iím pulling for him..
Do you remember your recovery timeline?
How long until you could stand, walk, jog, or feel normal?
Old 10-12-2020, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Do you remember your recovery timeline?
How long until you could stand, walk, jog, or feel normal?
My injury appears different than Zaks: My t/f were broken but my ankle, oddly survived the accident unscathed.

The arch of my left foot, however, was also fractured, same side as the t/f.

The doc came in and was really a bit of a dick, I got an odd sense. When I told my Dad, and why I loved him, he basically said doctors are like plumbers, lets find another one.

So we did. Great guy. He patiently explained why he felt I did not need a pin, that it would take a little longer but the breaks would heal better without a pin.

So we did.

5 months in two full leg casts, then 3 months in a half cast. Nothing in my life has hurt more than getting my knee movement back.

After that, they did a plastic protective cast I wore for another 2 months. Getting the ankle back was a lot easier than the knee.

My mistake was trying to move too fast on the rehab. The t/f mended well but I tried too hard and the arch fracture became the issue. That added another six months to my timeline, which got me booted from the program. Th t/f breaks have never been a issue. The foot still is.

My mistake: my PT warned me but I was, uh, stubborn. Remember, this was in 1977.

For Zak, who seems like a very good young man, two years is my completely uninformed guess just based on my experience.

ďHe has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Ė Winston Churchill

Last edited by Seahawk; 10-12-2020 at 01:58 PM..
Old 10-12-2020, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I really can't imagine how much that injury hurt, and how long the recovery will take. It really sucks.

As a 14 year old kid I managed to crush my big toe and broke it in 6 places. I was put in a cast up to my knee. I had to use crutches for a few weeks, and then they put a walking pad on the bottom of the cast. I just don't remember how long I was in that cast but it seemed like forever as I could not be on my bike.

They finally cut off the cast and I got zero physical therapy. I was just sent home with mom and dad. No pain pills, no instruction on things to do or not do. Of course my ankle hurt like heck to bend, so I developed a limp and the ankle was not getting better like it should.

I went to a school fair at a local strip shopping center and was looking around when I came across several of the local "mokes" (Hawaiian thugs) that loved to beat up a Haole like me. I took off running at full speed full of adrenaline and ran over a mile at a sprint and I did not look back until I was home. My ankle never hurt me again. Those bullies gave me the motivation to cure my ankle.

1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-12-2020, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: