Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Electronic Door Lock For Many Users

Looking for an electronic keypad lock for a building.

I want
- to be able to give individual recurring users their own codes, and have a record of when each code is used
- to have a daily code that changes every day, to give to a one-time user who is scheduled to access the building that day
- to be able to easily review records, cancel and change codes, from a PC, with a minimum of fuss
- manual key override

Any experience or recommendations?

Old 10-17-2020, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Sounds like employee badges used by many businesses. No?
Old 10-17-2020, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
No, a venue. Some groups will rent it on a recurring basis. Others will rent it on a repeating, but irregular, schedule. Recurring and repeat users will hopefully be trusted enough, and have a large enough deposit paid, that a facility employee won't have to be there to babysit. But we need a record of who used the code to enter. We will likely have video recording as well.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Key fobs allow you to record which fob used it when. Most of our condo buildings use them at the entrance doors. You can enable and disable them from a computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyl View Post
No, a venue. Some groups will rent it on a recurring basis. Others will rent it on a repeating, but irregular, schedule. Recurring and repeat users will hopefully be trusted enough, and have a large enough deposit paid, that a facility employee won't have to be there to babysit. But we need a record of who used the code to enter. We will likely have video recording as well.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Oh BTW it would be ideal if user keycodes or fobs could be programmed to only work on a specific schedule.

For example, suppose Sally rents the place every Wed from 10 am to 12 noon to teach her yoga class. We're not too worried about a bunch of yoga ladies trashing the building, and we'd have a deposit from her, so we'd let her use the building without supervision. Ideally, we'd give her a keycode or fob and we'd program it to let her in the building on Wed from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, but not other times.

What is the maker, or distributor, of the entry system you use?
Old 10-17-2020, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Try Nexkey. I think it does what you want
Old 10-18-2020, 12:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Hotel keys are a programmable card which can be turned on or off. There must be a supplier for a system like that with one lock and multiple cards.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Checked out

I have several of these, at residential and commercial properties. They work great and are not too expensive.

The only problem is they currently seem te be between models, Iím not sure they have anything available. Which is a bummer because I could use another one.

Hopefully they are available again soon.

https://www.welcomeoaks.com/
Old 10-18-2020, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
It's been a few years since I really looked into these, but I think the only requirement you might run into is the code that changes every day. There is a few manufacturers that make locksets that might work for you. Look at https://www.dormakaba.com/us-en/solutions/products/electronic-access---data/electronic-door-locks and https://www.bestaccess.com/products/

This company sells different brands https://www.gokeyless.com/shop/commercial-keyless-locks/commercial-smart-locks/ and this one might work for you: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/kaba-eplex-e2031xsll626-access-control-lock/

If the door gets a lot of use do get a commercial set as the residential ones will not last as long.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Our alarm system can be set up that way. I can give different codes to various people. And I can set a time for those codes to not work. Like after 10:00PM until 8:00AM the code for the cleaning lady will not work. It does log each time the alarm is set and used.

I would put a video camera at the door as well if I wanted even more accountability.

That s not really what you were asking about, but it would work well. Of course there is a monthly monitoring fee.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-19-2020, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Used User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
Our alarm system can be set up that way. I can give different codes to various people. And I can set a time for those codes to not work. Like after 10:00PM until 8:00AM the code for the cleaning lady will not work. It does log each time the alarm is set and used.

I would put a video camera at the door as well if I wanted even more accountability.

That s not really what you were asking about, but it would work well. Of course there is a monthly monitoring fee.
The solution.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
why not call around locally and see if anyone would discount or donate to the non-profit?

Old 10-19-2020, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: