Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

What do you do when you don't know what to do?

Did you ever have one of those days when you just don't know what to do and nothing holds your attention? I am having one of those days. It started early this morning. Up at 5AM as usual tried working out a little couldn't get motivated.

It's a beautiful November day, weather is mild. I tired cleaning things up in the garage a little. Been in and out a half dozen times, can't get motivated. Did a little here and a little there but nothing like usual.

Tried watching TV, nothing is holding my interest. Can't watch the election crap any longer, put on Mike Rowe boring, the car shows, boring.

Took a drive to HD and Lowes usual like a kid in a candy store. Seen it all have most of it.

Looked at every thread on here a half dozen times already today. So what do you do?

Last edited by drcoastline; 11-21-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Old 11-21-2020, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I tend to go for a drive. Probably taking the dogs to a beach. It usually turns out to be a good time with the dogs enthusiasm rubbing off on me.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
I tend to go for a drive. Probably taking the dogs to a beach. It usually turns out to be a good time with the dogs enthusiasm rubbing off on me.
The beach would be great and used to be my go to. I grew up in a beach town and that is where my business is. My commute to work used to be get coffee drive the beach to the street my office is on go to work. I currently live about an hour and a half away. Once I sell this house, I will be back there.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
I go hunting.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
My wife is always coming up with little things to do for her. Like this morning, she made some Xmas pillows out of an old sweater and wanted some pic's taken of them. So I got to play with my camera's some.

I think the Covid and political coverage has worn all of us out. I know I'm sick of it.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Information Junky

Old 11-21-2020, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hookers & Blow

...budget permitting....
Old 11-21-2020, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Used User

...punt.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Drive with any excuse I can think of.
DD gets 40-42 mpg. Cheaper than being near the fridge.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Interesting video. With no smart phone, it seems I'm doing something good.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Interesting video. With no smart phone, it seems I'm doing something good.
Ha! Yes. And interestingly, most of the good advice here is to go do something (hunting, driving..) that forces one to be with one's own thoughts. -scary as that may be.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

I get outside to my shop, there are always things to do out there. I RARELY pull out my phone and just scroll, or play video games, I am not a techie, and really don't go for gadgets. Living on a 10 acre farm, there are unfinished projects galore like what I did today...we drug up about 10 good sized trees from my creek that had been dead, but got blown over in the recent wind storms. This will supply about 1/2 of the firewood I need for next years supply.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej37 View Post
Drive with any excuse I can think of.
DD gets 40-42 mpg. Cheaper than being near the fridge.
^^^^^^^ This. Probably 4 times a week, I go driving back roads for an hour or two. Very relaxing and I am seeing new things.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Go read PARF. It will make you laugh, cry or cuss.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Kantry Member

Grab a guitar. Dig through the piles of old song books.
I need the practice.

Best
Les
Old 11-21-2020, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
I get outside to my shop, there are always things to do out there. I RARELY pull out my phone and just scroll, or play video games, I am not a techie, and really don't go for gadgets. Living on a 10 acre farm, there are unfinished projects galore like what I did today...we drug up about 10 good sized trees from my creek that had been dead, but got blown over in the recent wind storms. This will supply about 1/2 of the firewood I need for next years supply.
After reading this thread at 4:30 this afternoon, I went out to the shop and mounted my power lift/angle snowblade on my JD 318, I also put on a new steering ball, and moved several things around in the shop to make more floor space.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Having one of those days myself - just got back from a 2 hour drive...
Old 11-21-2020, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcoastline View Post
So what do you do?
You need a nap.

The onset of sleep may be hastened with Little Debbie Nutty Bars, a big bowl of ice cream or the sugar coma delivery vehicle of your choosing.

Supplement with a YouTube David Attenborough documentary.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Lately iv been getting pretty good at spacing out and wasting the day away. wake up at ten go for a bike ride till 1 eat then go for a walk in the woods make a little campfire then its time to eat again and spend the night on the computer. Easy. I dont have tv. Maybe you need a hobby you havnt tried before. Metal detecting or wood working. Scroll saw is kinda fun in the winter time. I know alot of people drive around aimlessly but I find it kinda depressing unless i find some free stuff on the side of the road like scrap metal. But i can only fit so much in the porsche.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

If you couldn't get your motorcycle started - You need more motorcycles......The end.

1960 Mercedes 190SL
1962 XKE Roadster (sold) - 13 motorcycles
Old 11-21-2020, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: