Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
still looking for a cheap copy
Old 02-05-2006, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Hi, I have a Steve Steigman Porsche poster. It's been put away for years. Is it worth anything. I can't seem to find them online. Just the Blown Away.

Thanks, Tami
Old 05-07-2006, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Hello Tami. Taking the trouble to save that old Porsche print is really more trouble than it's worth. You should send it to me and I'll take it off your hands. I'll even send you postage and handling to send it to me. Sound fair?

OK, seriously, yes it is worth more than you would expect. If it means something to you, by all means keep it, frame it and display it. If not, either give it to someone you care for who does appreciate it, or sell it. As you can see from the Ebay links, it's worth a couple of hundred dollars and isn't real available at that.

Mike
Old 05-07-2006, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Can't find any, even on Ebay

I can't find any of the Porsche even on Ebay, infact nowhere on the net, I wonder why?????? This has just been sitting in our closet for at least 15 years.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Anybody recall the Marantz poster? Cop with his boot on the front bumper of a P-car writing a ticket. I think the copy read "We don't recommend saying to the Judge you were driving under the influence of Marantz".

BTW. Marantz was a high end stereo company. Don't ever hear that name any more.
Mods include: Kokeln IC, GHL Headers, Hooligan muffler, Modified K27 7200, BL WUR, LC-1 & XD-16, Bilstein Sports (4), TRG sway bars, Oversize torsion bars, Strut brace
Old 05-08-2006, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Ova Day

Garage
Hmm, I think this is the official Stephen Steigman site. I don't see that image. I fired of an email and will let you know if I get an answer.

Steigman Website
08 Ski Nautique 375 hp
06 Chevy Silverado
Old 05-08-2006, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I have something you might be interested in, its a hard poster not sure if you are still looking

Last edited by wblueyesinvt; 05-30-2013 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: try to add a picture
Old 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Here is the picture

Old 05-30-2013, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Rats, I only have this Maxell one from the 80s. (And by the way, I thought Maxell was the gold standard for cassette tapes. It's all I used. Remember those days?)
Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Reviving this old post - is there any source for this photo online in high-res? eBay lists a $999 buy it now.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

I recently paid $100 on ebay for that poster, vintage '80s, in excellent shape. Not too bad considering a decent framing job will exceed that. Looks great.

Just like 911's, don't expect them to ever be cheaper! Of course you might get lucky at a garage sale ...
Old 03-13-2015, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

I looked for several years to find one and finally bought one for sale on eBay in 2012. It turned out to be a grey bordered litho in original frame.

Information form internet searches back in 2012:

Steve Steigman 911 blowing the roof off

These posters are very rare, and the Lithographs are even more rare and sought after. It is thought that the distribution of these items was halted by a lawsuit by Porsche; Then Maxell tapes and Lars Anderson settleed and agreed to not distribute these prints and posters. Steve Steigman was the photographer but you will never find these works in his collection. Steve Steigman died in Oct 2004. The lithographs are like the posters only with a wide band of grey on the top and bottom. Value of a perfect poster is $1200 to $1500 and the Lithographs between $10,000 and $20,000. It is though that only three Lithographs were distributed in Eroupe and all others were destroyed. This version of the Maxell ad has never been reproduced.

Keep in mind there is a difference between the poster prints and the Maxell ad poster. The original prints do not have the Maxell ad information printed on them, just the photo and the print information like the one in post #28.

'68 912 Coupe
'82 SC sunroof

Last edited by djdsc; 03-13-2015 at 05:32 PM..
Old 03-13-2015, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

As a reference here is the Maxell poster with the ad info, or at least how the ad appeared in print magazines:

'68 912 Coupe
'82 SC sunroof

Last edited by djdsc; 03-13-2015 at 05:33 PM..
Old 03-13-2015, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Still want.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 05-05-2015, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
King Broinyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBird View Post
Anybody recall the Marantz poster? Cop with his boot on the front bumper of a P-car writing a ticket. I think the copy read "We don't recommend saying to the Judge you were driving under the influence of Marantz".

BTW. Marantz was a high end stereo company. Don't ever hear that name any more.
Marantz receivers from the 70's are becoming quite popular again. I use my dad's old one daily.

Not the same ad, but still cool.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
I have one. Wish it was perfect. It's not.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
In fact, I have both.

You can see some of the bubbles in the Targa poster in this photo.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiJzLfxWooo

TV ad
Old 05-05-2015, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
I have the maxxell poster in a tube. Need to get it framed!
Old 05-05-2015, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: