Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
I have the maxxell poster in a tube. Need to get it framed!
You need to do a high res scan 1st.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 05-05-2015, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
I need to find a big enough flatbed and I would!

I happen to have access to a large printer, but not scanner.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Sugar Scoops Rule :)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
Coupe owners are precluded from owning this...
If you own a coupe and own or display this poster, please surrender it to me immediately.

Funny

What year did this ad come out? I totally remember seeing it back in the day.
'62 VW Type 1 Sunroof
'73 914 2.0 (1st Porsche, gone long ago but not forgotton)
Old 05-06-2015, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats

Quote:
I need to find a big enough flatbed and I would!

I happen to have access to a large printer, but not scanner.
Staples will do large scans. Have had them scan house plans for about $2 per page.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Hi,
on my search for the targa poster, i found this thread.
is there a chance to get one of those?
i'm looking either for a poster to buy (but i'm not willing to pay 999$, i'd invest ~100$.
but - of course - i would love to have a high res scan.
has anybody found something like that meanwhile?

porsche4life, you wrote in #42, you would scan, if you had a big enough scanner. da911 recommended staples in #44. thats the last post. did that work?
is there a chance to get such a scan?
would a little financial incentive help?

help me!
Old 01-06-2016, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I would bet money that Staples or any other commercial service provider will not scan it. It is a copyrighted image. They could be fined $250,000 or more.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

dont you do your scanning there yourself?
Old 01-06-2016, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
I asked one staples and they didn't have a big enough flatbed. They suggested to check other stores. I just haven't had a chance. It's in a tube on a shelf and keeps getting forgotten about! Let me call around, I'll tell them it's for archival purposes!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
I would bet money that Staples or any other commercial service provider will not scan it. It is a copyrighted image. They could be fined $250,000 or more.
I highly doubt that it would be enforced. It's not an official Porsche publication, and maxell made it as promo item, not something they'd be looking to recreate I bet.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
I might be able to find someone in the studios to do it on a large format scanner. I'll check.

"Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy." - Albert Einstein
Old 01-06-2016, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

There are two companion advertisements/posters. The most commonly seen one is where the model is sitting next to a set of speakers and the sound is apparently blasting his hair and clothes back. The other photo is of the "exploding" targa top. The first one is fairly easy to find and isn't all that expensive because Maxell owns the rights to the photo and they license it periodically for reproductions. Steigman kept the right to the Porsche photo and neither he nor his estate have licensed it for reproduction. Apparently he licensed it to Maxell for the ad campaign and kept the rights afterword. So all of the Porsche posters are original to the ad or the poster that was sold or given away briefly without the ad copy when the ad campaign came out. That's why the Porsche posters are rare and expensive.

For what it's worth, the estate holds the rights to the Porsche poster and enforce the copywrite. I don't know if a commercial copier would object or not.

Last edited by MRM; 01-06-2016 at 04:58 PM..
Old 01-06-2016, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage

Old 01-06-2016, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
I have the top one. Just to clarify. I'll see if I can get a scan done this week.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Sugar Scoops Rule :)

Garage
I'd be in for one also, as long it wasn't too much $
'62 VW Type 1 Sunroof
'73 914 2.0 (1st Porsche, gone long ago but not forgotton)
Old 01-07-2016, 03:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

I have both Original (Targa & Chair) in Tubes - I'll see if I can find a place to scan them
Old 01-07-2016, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
I've been looking for a good quality original for a while. If anyone can provide a high-def. scan (like 600 dpi or better) of the full-size (24x36?) poster I'd love to get my hands on it - I have access to a high-res plotter and would just print up a couple of copies for myself then frame & mount.

A proper scanned image (.tif) is going to be pretty large - probably on the order of 100-200MB.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Would be interested in one also thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
I highly doubt that it would be enforced. It's not an official Porsche publication, and maxell made it as promo item, not something they'd be looking to recreate I bet.
There is a simple sentence in the world of copyright. If it was created, it is copyrighted.

As long as you don't try to sell the scans or the prints and do it for yourself you are likely OK. It you distribute it, they CAN come after you big time. And for sure don't put a Porsche logo on there. Porsche AG would be all over you. Just be prudent.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

hey, it would be so(!) great, if the scanning would work out!
quality note: if possible, it would be great to have a quality for printing it in 90x60.
filesize doesnt matter
hopefully .. ;p
Old 01-09-2016, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

... and by 90x60 i mean 91cm x 61 cm, so its the same as above in inch (24x36)
Old 01-10-2016, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: