Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

got the first and framed it perfectly
still hoping to get my hands on the 2nd.
is there any chance one got it scanned or will get it scanned..?
dont wanna hurry nobody but all the replys some weeks ago made me so confident ..
Old 01-29-2016, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
I've still got it. Only been able to find one staples with a big enough scanner and every time I call they say it's broken. Working on it!!
Old 01-29-2016, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
I've been slammed but let me try some of my graphics contacts and see if I can get a good recommendation.

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
~ Henry Ford
Old 01-29-2016, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

ok, great, thanks again!
Wont hurry you for the next some weeks
Old 01-29-2016, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Back in 1998 or so when we first got our '87 Turbo we used to go to all the PCA events in San Diego and at one of the "BBQ's" at Mission Bay Park there was a guy with a red Targa. Everyone had their hoods and deck lids open and I had just put in a much larger intercooler and such but the guy with the red targa had 4 or 5 huge amps on a panel in the front trunk. He said the previous owner had wired the car and used to have it in shows and it could make the roof jump. So he started the car up and then cranked up the sound system. Good Lord it made a can of beer that was sitting on the roof fly off! Several others set their beers on the roof and away they went! Sure wish I had my camera with me that day.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr_oberst View Post

AFAIK, there are two versions of this out there.
This one has the artist's and studio's name. I bought one for about $10 on eBay and it came mounted to foam board.

The other I've purchased several times is just like the more famous "Blown Away" ad. It seems to come up more often for sale, and I've never seen it professionally mounted.

I'll try to post a pic of the second style - the first is above.

1972 911T/S MFI Survivor
Old 01-30-2016, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

hm, interesting ..
dont know what you mean by the other version, eager to see your pic
anyway, i cant find any version to buy as a poster ...
Old 01-30-2016, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

These are the two I know of.

I think this one only comes matted to foam board - at least that's the only way I've ever seen it:

And I've gotten a couple of these over the years as posters:

In it's rightful place!

1972 911T/S MFI Survivor
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

ah, nice ...
Also a great poster! But also nowhere to find ..
Btw whats that other picture with the drive in cinema? A regular poster?
Old 02-06-2016, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

That print is "Hotshot Eastbound" by O.Winston Link. He knew the days were numbered for the steam locomotives and went about staging dramatic photos of their final days.

https://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/hot-shot-east-bound/

1972 911T/S MFI Survivor
Old 02-08-2016, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

I have that pic hanging in my shop This is one of my all-time favorite pics.Kevin

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2016, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daepp View Post
These are the two I know of.

I think this one only comes matted to foam board - at least that's the only way I've ever seen it:

Mine is mounted on a foam board as well. I thought someone did that when they had it framed. I always thought the posters had a white border but mine is grey.? Maybe it's just the way they look in a picture.

'75 911s Targa
Old 02-09-2016, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blz View Post

got the first and framed it perfectly
still hoping to get my hands on the 2nd.
is there any chance one got it scanned or will get it scanned..?
dont wanna hurry nobody but all the replys some weeks ago made me so confident ..
Pete Murphy in a Corbusier chair, shot in b&w. What could be cooler?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Hello altogether again
Browsing by, I just wanted to ask if thinks have progressed in any way
First picture is hangig on the wall, left a spot for the targa
Can I incent you in any way? Maybe sent you a can of german bratwurst
Greetings from Munich!
Old 03-21-2016, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAtarga View Post
Spammer gfhsft reported
what does gfhsft mean?
Old 04-03-2016, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blz View Post
what does gfhsft mean?
Just a bunch of random letters that the spammers use to get an account- one of the easy ways to spot them, then they usually plagiarize a couple sentences from a previous post followed by a link to whatever crap they're trying to peddle.

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 04-03-2016, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

does anyone realize here that the OP was 10 years back?? Let it die..
Old 04-03-2016, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
I do have one and have every intention to get it scanned. Kept trying for a while and staples scanner was broken. Then I started a new job and sick family member moved in with us, so it got put on the back burner. I'll try to get it soon.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

sure, no question, there are things that are more important. i hope your family member is well! just write me or post if something is happening best wishes!
Old 06-08-2016, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
Pete Murphy in a Corbusier chair, shot in b&w. What could be cooler?
You know what, thank you for that comment.

I just looked up Corbusier. I think I want the chairs and sofa for the new office. Many thanks!!!
Old 06-08-2016, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: