Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71T Targa View Post
Gaggia Classic for me. Not bad, but somewhat inconsistent.

go to Espresso Machines; Espresso Coffee Makers; Coffee Makers from Wholelattelove: Capresso, Jura, Saeco, Gaggia, Rancilio, Nespresso and do some comparisons. and eventually, you'll be persuaded that the grinder is more important than the machine. Mazzer jr for me.
2006 Ducati Sport Classic mono SOLD
1979 SCWDP #0020 Talbot Yellow SOLD
Old 06-29-2010, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Oh and your espressos will only be as good as the coffee you use. If you're a bud light guy, buy starbucks beans. If you're a dogfish head guy, get Klatch or Counter Culture Coffee (toscano espresso blend is amazing). Doesn't cost much more and delivered to your door.
2006 Ducati Sport Classic mono SOLD
1979 SCWDP #0020 Talbot Yellow SOLD
Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtjv View Post
Oh and your espressos will only be as good as the coffee you use. If you're a bud light guy, buy starbucks beans. If you're a dogfish head guy, get Klatch or Counter Culture Coffee (toscano espresso blend is amazing). Doesn't cost much more and delivered to your door.
I bin down the road of beans...they have to age a coupla days after roasting then you have about a 3 or 4 day window to use them before flavor starts to fall off...after awhile who cares....

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-29-2010, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc View Post
Or my favorite, the coffee equivalent of the easy bake oven:

(for a mere $20,000)
Wow that is steep. Sorry if I'm derailing this thread, but they are just so interesting.

We were visiting a friends house one evening when he brought out the coffee bong (vacuum brewer). I have to say it is quite the conversation piece if you've never seen one work.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
for $500 you can buy a lot of espressos at a good bar or coffee shop; also let's you hang out & watch the free "humanity show"
Espresso runs under $.25/cup at my house. In the past 3 years, we've run 8589 cups of coffee (according to the stats menu). I get about 20 cups out of a $2.94 ($3.44 bag with a $.50 coupon) bag of 8-o-clock 100% Columbian.

$0.0699+$0.147~$.22/cup

Yes, I drink a lot of coffee/espresso...I expect together we drink 10 cups per day, including our part time worker and friends who drop by.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
wow - you should move to the PNW - you'd fit right in
Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

A couple of high end machines you may wish to consider, the Rocket E61 and the VBM. I've got a VBM and a mini mazzer and make better lattes than 9 out of 10 cafes. Make that 19 out of 20 cafes. Google VBM coffee for pics. You may need to buy second hand to get the price into your price bracket, or spend a bit more but the rewards are excellent
Old 06-29-2010, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
A couple of high end machines you may wish to consider, the Rocket E61 and the VBM. I've got a VBM and a mini mazzer and make better lattes than 9 out of 10 cafes. Make that 19 out of 20 cafes. Google VBM coffee for pics. You may need to buy second hand to get the price into your price bracket, or spend a bit more but the rewards are excellent
The VBM is a excellent quality machine...in the same price range as the Salvatore...and using the same commercial quality components..flip a coin...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

J, for an interesting change of pace you might try Mae's beans. Fresh-roasted daily, available by the pound or half-pound at the front counter. It's quite good, comparable to Peet's French Roast and Caffe Appassionato but with even more flavor if that's possible..

http://www.maescafe.com/article.espx?show=12249&slot=&show_related=

Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

Thanks for the ideas guys.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
A really cheap alternative - not a joke - $25

No laughing please - I bought a $40 Mr. Coffee espresso maker after my wife proposed that that would make more sense than brewing a whole pot that she only had one mug from. And she like lattes. I did the shop saavy scan at Target and many proclaimed it was worth 10x that by comparison. (Other reviews complained about the short "6 inch" cord - it is 2 ft or so and wraps underneath, duh!) The first one quit heating on the first use and I returned it to find it on sale for $24.99.

I made my wife a latte each morning this spring - waiting for her as she stepped out of the shower - good points. I don't drink coffee. She says they are better than the Starbucks latte's.

Mr Coffee Machine - $40

I have the machine figured out. If I fill with the right amount of filtered water it will stop producing espresso and leave the right amount for steaming that days mix of milk and soy milk. Very simple and it paid for itself in A WEEK.
2015 Fusion, 2007 Toyota Sienna -my bike hauler, 2012 Outback-kid hauler
Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

I just lost an Isomac Relax that I've had for ... 8 years? I've had that machine forever, and I've made a LOT of coffee with it. If you can get used to the heat exchanger, it's worth spending just a little more than your $500 budget.

Under that line, there's not a lot that's real good. The features that matter are the ability to precisely control shot temperature (either a PID-controlled boiler or a way to monitor/control shot temperature), an E61 grouphead, and, if you're into milk-espresso drinks, the ability to froth and pull shots simultaneously.

Sure -- a cheap machine may pull better shots than the kid at *$, but when you get a good shot from a well-built machine, even the non-snobs can tell the difference.

Just my $0.02.

Dan
Old 07-01-2010, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

In order to choose a good coffee machine, you need to spend a lot of time to read all the reviews. We did it for you https://thecozyholic.com/best-espresso-machine-under-300/ on our site. We compared all the advantages and disadvantages.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

I know how difficult it is to choose a good coffee machine. In order to buy a quality coffee machine you need to reread a lot of information so as not to overpay. Therefore, for any purchase this website helps me read more here, which contains all the comparisons and detailed description.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: