Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Tree trimming

The Arizona desert is a hostile environment filled with thorny plants and lots of nasty critters such as rattlesnakes, scorpions, centipedes, Gila monsters and more. I have a Mesquite tree in my back yard that I dread trimming because I know every time I go out there it's going to hurt. It occasionally drops branches that are hard to see if you are not watching where you walk. I have stepped on these numerous times and last year had one break off in my foot and I had to have surgery to get it removed. All 3 of my kids have been nailed by this tree and now don't go on that side of the yard. I had to do battle today with this tree and once again, I lost. The only payback I have is using the branches for firewood and on the grill.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Cut it down and replace it with something reasonable?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I stepped on a branch at a nursery i was at in Indio a few weeks ago...went right through my red wings into my foot. Hurt like a mother... There are thornless varieties of that species now thankfully.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Ouch! And I complain about trimming our apple tree...

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 05-16-2011, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Holly Mackerel Andy!!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

SHeesh, that thing means business. What the heck would eat that thing that's it's protecting itself from?
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I hate to say this, but knowing this forum, I expected far worse...
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: