Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 3.05 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

That is an awesome update Baz. Thanks for sharing.
Olive got a drive by visit from her pack yesterday.
Grrr! I hate it when my photos do that!
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr. 4x4
1974 VW Thing (my back burner project)
Old 02-28-2016, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2901 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Great Bailey news. Thanks for sharing...

Sent via Jedi mind trick by the cat

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old 02-28-2016, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2902 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Update on "Bailey"......

"We are loving her!":

"I have her at the clinic in a soft crate by my desk and she is being a perfect little dog.
Vinyl LP's, a turntable and a good dog... cool.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2903 (permalink)

Garage
Interesting pics / light story on a military sled dog patrol in Greenland:

BBC - Earth - The world's most extreme dog sled patrol

I don't have any dogs (haven't for many years) but lurk through this thread from time-to-time to get my doggy fix. Thanks for sharing all the great pics and stories.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2904 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Thanks for the posts, Dan, Bugs, and Tcar (I noticed the vinyl too!), and for the awesome story from your link, Fanaudical...beautiful photography and much respect for those sled dogs!!!

Old 02-28-2016, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2905 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
The DOG thread

http://youtu.be/2-0cjOFI_XQ

http://youtu.be/bL1GCjQ8Lc8

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 02-28-2016 at 02:40 PM..
Old 02-28-2016, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2906 (permalink)

G'day!

Garage
Old 02-29-2016, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2907 (permalink)

Garage
There's a fire?

Keep an eye on the door.

This is Sable, one of two black labs we have. She'll be twelve in couple months. She has a thick coat and an under coat yet she loves sitting by the fireplace, especially the gas fireplace where she gets closer to the heat source. We call her our fire-dog.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2908 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

Really? Lying on the couch while I'm out here, Seriously? Ummm, hey human, let me in and make it snappy!

Yeah, I gots my humans trained up too.

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 03-01-2016 at 08:24 PM..
Old 02-29-2016, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2909 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

A lazy start to a day off....

"Stupid dog......"

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 03-02-2016 at 06:54 AM..
Old 03-01-2016, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2910 (permalink)

never puts up two ears if one will do.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2911 (permalink)
Thread Killer

That's awesome!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2912 (permalink)

G'day!

Garage
NICE pics, guys....very nice....thank you! WOOF!

Old 03-04-2016, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2913 (permalink)

Garage
On the way to the best mustache competition.

1978 911SC Targa
Old 03-04-2016, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2914 (permalink)

Evidently this pup doesn't like the taste of limes but he keeps going back for more:

Old 03-05-2016, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2915 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Update on "Bailey"......

Quote:

Celebrating a couple of miracles this weekend - here's one of them: You may remember Bailey, the little blind ACD from Texas who was dropped at a kill shelter by her owners. Amy Sutter said she'd foster if we could get her to Portland. Our ACD community stepped up with donations, and ACDRI was able to arrange to bring Bailey to Portland last spring.

When she arrived, we found that not only was she blind due to glaucoma, she was also heartworm-positive, AND she'd not been spayed!

Eager as we were to deal with her eyes & relieve the pain from the glaucoma, the first issue was to get her clear of HW so that other surgeries would be safe. Almost a year later, Bailey is HW-free, she's been spayed, and her eyes have been removed, relieving the pain from glaucoma.

And the best news: She's been ADOPTED!! By a veterinarian. So here are the photos of Bailey's journey from homeless dog - deserted in a shelter by her original owners to her adoption photos new and her new mom's report.

Thank you to each and every person who donated to get Bailey out of the shelter, flown to Oregon, and to help cover the costs of her medical treatment and surgery. Each of you helped make a miracle.

: End quote

Pics:

Enucleation is done - recovering from the anesthesia:

I can't express in words my appreciation for all who helped this little girl. Thank you for giving this little girl a second chance!
That's hard to see as my buddy will most likely have to have an eye removed soon. It's so infected the medicine isn't helping.
I've made a few masks, basically soft helmets to protect his eyes when he's running into things but I haven't come up with anything that works that he will tolerate.
I told him yesterday that as long as he's happy to see me (figuratively) i won't give up on him. that made me kinda well up.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2916 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
That's hard to see as my buddy will most likely have to have an eye removed soon. It's so infected the medicine isn't helping.
I've made a few masks, basically soft helmets to protect his eyes when he's running into things but I haven't come up with anything that works that he will tolerate.
I told him yesterday that as long as he's happy to see me (figuratively) i won't give up on him. that made me kinda well up.
You're a good dad, Sammy. Give your little buddy a head scritch from me and the girls. As long as he's not in pain....you can't give up on the little fella.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2917 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
For you Dan......and Sweet Olive.....

Old 03-05-2016, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2918 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Old 03-07-2016, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2919 (permalink)

"You shoudda seens da udder guy dad"

Coyote?, maybe. Mountain lion?, not likely. My guess is he cornered a Bobcat, got in a brief scuffle, and it escaped over the coyote wire. Anybody's guess.

Volvo V60 - Daily Driver (I love it!)
997 Turbo - FVD Exhaust, GIAC Tune - 542 dyno hp on 93 oct
1972 Chevy K-10 Pick-Up Truck Hugger Orange
Old 03-08-2016, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2920 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: