Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

I'm so boring.

For variety in my life I go to a different Supermarket and in my spare time I play with my stupid car.

Old 05-14-2002, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Stupid car!?!

What if all you had to tinker with was a '74 Ford Pinto !

Consider yourself lucky, pal............
87 535is 5speed (the newbie)
Old 05-14-2002, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Sorry about this guys - it wasn't actually me that posted it.

Some of the girls here at work were pissed off with me about something, and they know about me spending a little time on this BBS so they thought they would make a little posting on my behalf.

Bill '79SC
Old 05-14-2002, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sounds as if they may need a spanking.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Hehe...no prob. I see this all the time. I do network security and we always see embarassing emails, etc coming through; because someone got on someone else's computer.

I'm in the habit of locking my workstation the second I think of getting out of my chair. I don't even think about it anymore..it just gets locked.

At least they didn't do anything damaging to you like delete all your favorite stuff off your drive.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Actually Moses a little spanking might be in order. Mind you they did it because they said I was being boring and are trying to get a reaction out of me. But hey, I'm 43, I'm meant to be boring to some degree and are definitly to old to go to all night rave parties.

BierHunter, I'm tech support so I should have been more cautious. But I know they wouldn't do anything too silly.

Bill '79SC proudly SCWDP.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

one of gods prototypes

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bell Send a message via Yahoo to bell
bill......if you have any photos of these "girls" you could always post them, then we could play with them in photoshop to get even.
childish.........yes, but it'd be funny
Old 05-14-2002, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Information Junky

Thumbs up

bell, that would be funny. I'll find the picture of the barrel.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Semper drive!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rcecale Send a message via MSN to rcecale Send a message via Yahoo to rcecale
Quote:
Originally posted by BierHunter
Hehe...no prob. I see this all the time. I do network security and we always see embarassing emails, etc coming through; because someone got on someone else's computer.
I know what you mean. I was the administrator of the squadron network while I was in the Marine Corps. My people and I would constantly catch users leaving their workstations unattended and still logged on....a quick (or sometimes not so quick) "Love Letter to the Sergeant Major" always seemed to be the best cure!

Randy
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Old 05-14-2002, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Here's one for Bill!
Old 08-28-2020, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

No denial, just states he didn't post it...
Old 08-29-2020, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Yea, but maybe you are boring!
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-29-2020, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket View Post
Stupid car!?!

What if all you had to tinker with was a '74 Ford Pinto !
That would reakky be something in Oz.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
Sorry about this guys - it wasn't actually me that posted it.

Some of the girls here at work were pissed off with me about something, and they know about me spending a little time on this BBS so they thought they would make a little posting on my behalf.

Bill '79SC
Check your history. You may have placed a few ads on adult sites or purchased some interesting products in your absence.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad911 View Post
Check your history. You may have placed a few ads on adult sites or purchased some interesting products in your absence.
Check the dates. This was 18 years ago...
Old 08-29-2020, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
Actually Moses a little spanking might be in order. Mind you they did it because they said I was being boring and are trying to get a reaction out of me. But hey, I'm 43, I'm meant to be boring to some degree and are definitly to old to go to all night rave parties.

BierHunter, I'm tech support so I should have been more cautious. But I know they wouldn't do anything too silly.

Bill '79SC proudly SCWDP.
It could be far worse. I've worked in IT (network) operations for years. In some jobs in the past, if you didn't lock your workstation when you walked off, you never knew what you'd come back to. No one ever did anything that would cost someone their job, but you might have something posted in a group chat that like liked to wear pink lace undergarments or email your boss that you thought he was a really handsome man or that sort of thing.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 08-29-2020, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
Check the dates. This was 18 years ago...
Fooled by another nostalgia bump.....
Old 08-29-2020, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
18 years ago, but with COVID, going to a different supermarket might just be the most exciting thing some of us have done in the last few months!

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 08-29-2020, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz!

"Some Observer"
Old 08-30-2020, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz!
Are the buffets back yet?

Old 08-30-2020, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: