Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Also diesel adds $60,000+ to the cost

How is a diesel motor $60K more expensive than a gasoline-powered one?
Old 03-20-2019, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)

Love the cutting board!

Spacecraft makes some nice 5th wheel trailers. Might be tough to get one into the local State Park though

Old 03-20-2019, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #202 (permalink)
Detached Member

its the engine transmission, the emissions control, at least in CA, an air ride suspension, and usually now, full sized kitchen refrigerator, maybe a 2nd bathroom,
Old 03-20-2019, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #203 (permalink)

Your my new idol. Well done.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)
Detached Member

Thanks guys, yeah, he is a really nice guy, dishwasher for a wood cutting board, I think not.

We decided to buy new, (yeah I know), BUT a new warranty and the fact that I got a seven year extended bumper-to-bumper warranty for another $2,9xx is an attraction.

New electronics, servos, etc. I drop it of at the Dealer and he fixes it in a day or two. I'm not going to be figuring out all the SAT electronics and such.

I live in an HOA in a townhouse, I can't do any work on any vehicle here.

Last edited by Hugh R; 03-20-2019 at 04:47 PM..
Old 03-20-2019, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #205 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
57 foot trailer?!?
Old 03-20-2019, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #206 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
57 foot trailer?!?
Reminds me of this...
The Long Long Trailer...

And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #207 (permalink)
Detached Member

33'
Old 03-20-2019, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
57 foot trailer?!?
Yeah, the Spacecrafts are 57-feet 2 full bedrooms, etc. Where do you park one of those things?!
Old 03-21-2019, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #209 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
its the engine transmission, the emissions control, at least in CA, an air ride suspension, and usually now, full sized kitchen refrigerator, maybe a 2nd bathroom,
Well worth it if your inclined to drop the coin. The ride and noise alone did it for me. Rides like a caddy going down the road. Although the newer gas units have come along way in closing the gap on that front. Nice looking rig Hugh.
2006 V70R 6sp/Brembo brakes/lots of goodies
2011 Mini Cooper S
Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #210 (permalink)

Garage
We drove to Phoenix today and pulled into a Rest Area near Wickenberg. A guy pulls in with a big motorhome towing a Jeep.

He saw my fly fishing sticker on the back window of my truck and we started talking fishing. Turns out he's from Maryland and does "deep trough" fishing or something like that. 8 lb weights fishing at 1,000 feet for Grouper. He used to sell boats on the East Coast and now travels around.

He was on his way to Gilbert to trade in his 2018 model for a new 2019. I told him about my $18k R-Pod travel trailer and how much we enjoyed it. He said "That's all you need" and said if we were in the market his rig was for sale and gave us a tour.

Fck me runnin', this is it here on the website, a bit out of my reach! Beautiful though!

https://www.newellcoach.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=6600454&p=1&s=Year&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
Old 03-22-2019, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #211 (permalink)

Garage
Holy crap
Old 03-22-2019, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #212 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
I would sell it for less to a person that considerate and nice than trade it in.

The cutting board is cool.
agree with all of the above

Sweet rig, you could put bath tub with jets like a hot tub in there somewhere I bet, looks big enough, 57 feet is just crazy

Mark Twain
Old 03-22-2019, 10:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigster59 View Post
We drove to Phoenix today and pulled into a Rest Area near Wickenberg. A guy pulls in with a big motorhome towing a Jeep.

He saw my fly fishing sticker on the back window of my truck and we started talking fishing. Turns out he's from Maryland and does "deep trough" fishing or something like that. 8 lb weights fishing at 1,000 feet for Grouper. He used to sell boats on the East Coast and now travels around.

He was on his way to Gilbert to trade in his 2018 model for a new 2019. I told him about my $18k R-Pod travel trailer and how much we enjoyed it. He said "That's all you need" and said if we were in the market his rig was for sale and gave us a tour.

Fck me runnin', this is it here on the website, a bit out of my reach! Beautiful though!

https://www.newellcoach.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=6600454&p=1&s=Year&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory
I had one of those parked next to me for a month or so this year. They base at about $2 million.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #214 (permalink)

Garage
^^^That paint job is a deal breaker for me. UGLY!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 03-23-2019, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)

Garage
I bet that’s a custom paint job too
Old 03-23-2019, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #216 (permalink)
Detached Member

Just came back from Palm Springs. Stopped at Camping World to have a washer/dryer installed and some old guy backs into my rear bumper with his pickup. He has insurance. Camping World thinks $750 for a factory painted replacement bumper. It’s not even a month old.

Last edited by Hugh R; 05-07-2019 at 05:50 PM..
Old 04-22-2019, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
$750 plus paint or $750 all in? That is not bad if all you have to do is install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
I bet that’s a custom paint job too
I bet that is vinyl

Mark Twain
Old 04-22-2019, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #218 (permalink)

Model Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
$750 plus paint or $750 all in? That is not bad if all you have to do is install.

I bet that is vinyl
You might be correct. It's sure tacky.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #219 (permalink)
Detached Member

Insurance is going to cover it. It’s 3 weeks old

I can’t catch a ******* break. As I said, earlier, took it to Camping World to install a washer/dryer combo. I Paid Winnebago when I ordered it to finish faucet hot/ cold water, drain and electrical and dryer vent for a drop in washer/dryer unit. They did about 1/2 so I’m going to hassle with them and the dealer over about $500 of changes.....
Old 04-22-2019, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #220 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: