Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Brian Williams discussion?

Any chatter yet?
Old 02-06-2015, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think there is this thread on the politics and religion side of the board about it:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-politics-religion/850168-msm-their-lies.html
Old 02-06-2015, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I heard Tom Brokaw thinks he needs to resign. Now they are scrutinizing his Katrina reporting, dead bodies in French Quarter, Dysentery, gang members trying to break into his hotel, etc.

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
Old 02-06-2015, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
He is an idiot.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I never really understood how Brian Williams got the nightly news job over a few other guys there at NBC. Stone Phillips seemed like he was being groomed for the job.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
With so many things going on in the world.

This Brian Williams story falls so far down at the bottom it doesn't register.
2010 Toyota Prius Black for sale
2016 BMW 328D wagon
Old 02-06-2015, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I think these people get to where they transform their fantasy thoughts into things they want to be true and can tend to spin them that way. It probably comes from the feeling they can promote themselves without being reviewed. I suspect there are many, many smaller reported events that would fit this scenario connected to many public people who live in this kind of bubble. Remember some years ago, a news anchor lost his position because of a similar event. Not to PARF this, but I often wonder if this sort of thing will come up during the next election concerning a former Secretary of State. The thing that bothers me is this illustrates how disconnected these people come over time. Another example is of a previous MD turned Senator publicly touting the negative effects of vaccination. Sort of illustrates the level of kookiness the country is subjected to on a continuing basis.

Last edited by Evans, Marv; 02-06-2015 at 08:33 AM..
Old 02-06-2015, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Jimmy Fallon has some very funny "raps" that they constructed from his news coverage stories.

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 02-06-2015, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Information Overloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatelab View Post
With so many things going on in the world.

This Brian Williams story falls so far down at the bottom it doesn't register.
But only if you don't think the news should be the truth.

If the man can lie about his own personal experience he can surely lie about anything else. If the man can lie about his own personal experience he certainly has little regard for truth. If the man can lie about his own personal experience, he certainly is aware that other people do the same thing.

The man completely made up a narrative about his personal experience. If this doesn't register you may as well consider A Prarie Home Companion as the premier network news cast.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
He is an idiot.
This. ^^^

It's almost classic, Anchorman spoof-type buffoonery and stupidity besides craven dishonesty.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
This. ^^^

It's almost classic, Anchorman spoof-type buffoonery and stupidity besides craven dishonesty.
x2

I dont see how anyone could believe a word he says ever again. Not good for a news reader.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAtarga View Post
Jimmy Fallon has some very funny "raps" that they constructed from his news coverage stories.
+1
Now that's what I call 'news entertainment'!
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 02-06-2015, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

A $10M plus per year news reader. His lies about Katrina are bubbling up too.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
It's only news to those who don't know "Anchorman" was a documentary.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I look at it this way Jerry. It's not a lie if you believe it.
George Costanza
Old 02-06-2015, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsinrugs View Post
I look at it this way Jerry. It's not a lie if you believe it.
George Costanza
I remind myself of this one every day.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I never really understood how Brian Williams got the nightly news job over a few other guys there at NBC. Stone Phillips seemed like he was being groomed for the job.
This is the reason I don't understand the importance of this. I may be able to name two ABC/CBS/NBS news people because I've heard the names, but I couldn't identify them with a particular network or program. These people don't register on my radar, let alone what they do.
I'm astonished that anyone finds these people important enough to care about.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Nobody cares about Mr Williams. They care that a major network news anchor is a liar, apparently making up the news for quite some time.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Toujours l' Audace

Brian is a self important member of the media -- like a lot of people he wishes he has had some heroic things hes done that in some way legitimize him. He watches - he does not do.

Its like some guys who feel sort of inadequate because they did not serve and make it up as they go. That is what he is like in this instance.

I don't get it - well sort of - but you have to be comfortable in your own skin and most people who have been in harms way - not just while in the military but in life will tell you that it does not make the man -- honesty, truth and responsibility do . The small things make the man.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
least common denominator

Wa... wa... wait... Network new is not 100% honest and factual? WHEN DID THIS START?!

Come on guys... network news has been infotaiment for decades... main reason I don't watch it.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: