Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Air Medal or two

I watch very very little TV.
How ever Its no news ( LOL ) to me about the self prompting news manipulators like williams .
It should be no shock to everyone about him and i am sure others will start rating out too.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
x2

I dont see how anyone could believe a word he says ever again. Not good for a news reader.
But his delivery.... All confident -all the lying time.

Isn't that what America craves?

Brian MountainDew Williams 2016!

Oh wait, he's white, and male. :-/
Old 02-07-2015, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Information Junky

oh wait,

Maybe he can tag-on, as VP, to Hillary landed under sniper fire Clinton 2016,

or, High cheek-bone Elizabeth PowWow Chow Warren 2016.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Information Junky

^^what this country has become^^

FKA: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

The bigger deal is that he is also the managing editor of the news. So he can craft the news to his agenda. Loss of trust for sure.

I personally don't think one would misremember an RPG hit and autorotation in a helicopter.
Beechcraft V-Tail Bonanza
(Fly'n high and low)
Old 02-07-2015, 09:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Old 02-08-2015, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Ubi bene ibi patria

Garage
Quote:
I look at it this way Jerry. It's not a lie if you believe it.
George Costanza
A corollary perhaps: Repeat a lie 5 times & it becomes the truth.
I took the liberty of reducing the number of 1000 (purportedly quoted by Goebbels, Lenin, Hitler, whomever)to 5 - to suit present day circumstances.

JB
Old 02-08-2015, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

Walter Cronkite as I understand it played King and politician with the Vietnam war .
As soon as HE stated it looked like a never ending battle people at home lost faith.
As a News caster people put too much faith in him.
Tv , movie stars, musicians should keep their mouths shut.
OR pay for it like M moore and seth rogan.
Just cause ONE has a soap box does not mean they should use it.

Last edited by afterburn 549; 02-08-2015 at 11:58 AM..
Old 02-08-2015, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn 549 View Post
Walter Cronkite as I understand it playedKing and politician with the Vietnam war .
As soon as HE stated it looked like a never ending battle people at home lost faith.
Hmmm. Actually, it was great knowing there was a newscaster with the chutzpah to tell we as Americans that the police-action in Vietnam was not working, in spite of the lies from the politicians and the War chiefs.
Anybody with any sense knew it by the time Cronkite made it official, and I far as I'm concerned, this incident burnished his legacy for me.

The Brian Williams story has not one shred of anything in common with what Cronkite did. Williams has long been a tool, no different from any of the pretty faces that barf out mostly meaningless factoids at 5:30pm to our living rooms.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr_oberst View Post
Hmmm. Actually, it was great knowing there was a newscaster with the chutzpah to tell we as Americans that the police-action in Vietnam was not working, in spite of the lies from the politicians and the War chiefs.
Anybody with any sense knew it by the time Cronkite made it official, and I far as I'm concerned, this incident burnished his legacy for me.

The Brian Williams story has not one shred of anything in common with what Cronkite did. Williams has long been a tool, no different from any of the pretty faces that barf out mostly meaningless factoids at 5:30pm to our living rooms.
I am thinking you do not know the whole truth to the deal.?
Old 02-08-2015, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn 549 View Post
Walter Cronkite as I understand it played King and politician with the Vietnam war .
Tv , movie stars, musicians should keep their mouths shut.
OR pay for it like M moore and seth rogan.
Just cause ONE has a soap box does not mean they should use it.
As you just did here.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

This is just the latest chapter in the GOTCHA game. Williams embellished a story, some Internet sleuth who hates the MSM caught it and started the exposure process and now he's on leave while the doo-doo storm dies down. Likely a political impetus behind this too since Fox News says a lot of BS daily and no one cares. Just depends on whose team you're on, what tribe you belong to. It's either a tempest in a teapot or a terrible travesty that requires his career to come to an end. Silliness magnified to a status it does not deserve. Or as my father, a newspaper man, would say, "Slow news day." (Stupid sh it leads the news rather than substance.)
Old 02-08-2015, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

harldy necessary to be an MSM "hater" to want williams held accountable. and it was the actual veterans from the flight who drove the story. it is a shame that it took them this long to break through the media wall.

there are activists employed by media matters and funded by soros who do nothing but monitor and fact check fox news. for some reason it irritates you when someone does it against the dinosaur press.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE911SC View Post
As you just did here.
I am hardly a "Star"
OH maybe i am here ? LOL
Old 02-08-2015, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Don Henley and the Eagles sang it best in "Dirty laundry". Listen to the lyrics.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Banned but not out, yet..

Garage
Williams was a fool and an idiot. That doesn't mean a fool and an idiot can't learn and straighten out. Williams is no dummy and has no doubt learned from the gravity of his transgressions.

There is a sad mentality in the western culture that just loves to take down someone famous. Maybe it is chopping someone who has it made down to their size. Maybe it's more political in nature considering he wasn't on Fox.

What I do know that in the course of civilization and history this is less than nothing. Yes he was an idiot, but given the short term memory of the public and their hankering for the next scandal, this will disappear in 2 or 3 months.

Check out my books on Amazon: Under Big Sky, and Achieving Lasting Happiness

Last edited by RSBob; 02-08-2015 at 06:32 PM..
Old 02-08-2015, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE911SC View Post
This is just the latest chapter in the GOTCHA game. Williams embellished a story, some Internet sleuth who hates the MSM caught it and started the exposure process and now he's on leave while the doo-doo storm dies down. Likely a political impetus behind this too since Fox News says a lot of BS daily and no one cares. Just depends on whose team you're on, what tribe you belong to. It's either a tempest in a teapot or a terrible travesty that requires his career to come to an end. Silliness magnified to a status it does not deserve. Or as my father, a newspaper man, would say, "Slow news day." (Stupid sh it leads the news rather than substance.)
Sorry, I would be disturbed no matter the network. It's a huge disservice to those that ARE actually shot at on a daily basis.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990C4S View Post
If I see a car accident I don't look back a few years later and recall that it was my car that got hit.

I saw the Superbowl, I do not think I played in it. Although I could have thrown that last pass.
LOL, my man.
~~~~~
You boys are quick to condemn...try practicing "strategic patience".
- - Don R. 1994, an excerpt from My Ass From a Hole in the Ground - A Comparative View
Old 02-08-2015, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
I don't care if he's full of shizzle... he's an awesome rapper:

Old 02-08-2015, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Utterly stupidly wrong. The people who were actually on the helicopter caught him and posted the facts on Facebook. Stars and Stripes first published the story. The MSM, reluctantly, followed.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: